wrought iron stand

• SRC Member

hi guys, i got a wrought iron stand, 3ft by 2ft by 3.5ft, 1inch by 1 inch square bar, will the satnd be able to support a 3ft by 1.5ft by 2.5ft tank? it's in gd condition, no rust! painted wif 2 layers of metal paint myself to prevent future rust.:huh:

Pls advice! :unsure:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
it will eventually rust ..

haha .. true.. should get those goot quality wooden cabinet.. able to put things too.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

erm.... will the load be 2 heavy for the stand? :unsure:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

it's not gonna be able to hold the weight taking sand, lr and stuff into consideration... besides wrought iron are not recommended for marine setup... before you start i recon you look for a alternative

• SRC Member

thanks guys, tink i better nt use the stand!, can't imagine one day the tank crash! all my PRECIOUS on the floor and i gotta clean the MESS! :)

Erm.... anybody noe any wooden stank maker? can pass me the contact if possible? :) Thanks!

• SRC Member

Bro Jimaroon, is his price reasonable? pocket gt hole liao. :lol:

Metal stands don't rust that fast. I had one which lasted me 10 years.

But lucky I changed in time..coz I saw the foot disintegrating..and the tank tilting back..ahahha

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/