Eheim Cannister Filter

• SRC Member

Hi,

Am currently using a Juwel Tank with its custom filter, am thinking of upgrading to an Eheim Cannister filter, but got so many models to choose from, wonder if anyone can recommend me a specific model that is at a pretty reasonable price? Tank size is 2 feet... Thanks!

:thanks:

Justin

• SRC Member

hi, i juz got myself a eheim cannister filter at $78(auntie extra change me, cos it cost $88) LoL.. the model is 2213, using it for my 2ft now. easy to use and to set up. wth 2 yrs warantee. sure a good bargain.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member
Hi,

Am currently using a Juwel Tank with its custom filter, am thinking of upgrading to an Eheim Cannister filter, but got so many models to choose from, wonder if anyone can recommend me a specific model that is at a pretty reasonable price? Tank size is 2 feet... Thanks!

:thanks:

Justin

the eheim pro has one that's for 2 feet for around $150. Of course this is the one without priming. But good this is there are containers to put the medias.

Of course if you want to pay more, you could get those with priming but usually more that $200+.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
hi, i juz got myself a eheim cannister filter at $78(auntie extra change me, cos it cost $88) LoL.. the model is 2213, using it for my 2ft now. easy to use and to set up. wth 2 yrs warantee. sure a good bargain.

2 years or 3 years? I tot eheim have three years warranty?

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

• SRC Member

2 yrs leh.. stated on the box and the warantee card..

:P .. dunno already.. never really noticed whats on the card..

• SRC Member

sodes ne.. got it arcane? :P

:P hehe.. Not sure about my current 2222. I have the 150 (those hangone filter) which I was told had 3 years warranty.

• SRC Member

Get the Eheim ECCO. No "######" needed and affordable too. In operational temrs, it's like a cross between the professionals model and their basic models, likewise in terms of price.

The Eheim ECCO makes priming easy by lever action, and the lever also acts as a handle for you to carry from your cabinet to the bathroom... Funny thing is, when you ask for it in shops, they don't even know about this model! I've used this model for my previous 2-feet tank for a year with absolutely no problems - of course a sump is even better lah.

Go check the eheim website for more info on the ECCO.

• SRC Member
Get the Eheim ECCO. No "######" needed and affordable too. In operational temrs, it's like a cross between the professionals model and their basic models, likewise in terms of price.

The Eheim ECCO makes priming easy by lever action, and the lever also acts as a handle for you to carry from your cabinet to the bathroom... Funny thing is, when you ask for it in shops, they don't even know about this model! I've used this model for my previous 2-feet tank for a year with absolutely no problems - of course a sump is even better lah.

Go check the eheim website for more info on the ECCO.

I heard from a LFS owner that the Ecco is more for planted aquariums. :unsure:

• SRC Member
I heard from a LFS owner that the Ecco is more for planted aquariums. :unsure:

Really meh?? OH no.. :huh:

anyway, there is no difference in terms of the filtration mechanism - pump, substrate, wool, compartments - the usual stuff.