Introducing news fishes

I bought a purple tang and when I introduced it in my tank middle of the night, I thought everything will be safe, but the next day to my horror, the yellow tang started attacking my purple tang. Worried, I caught the yellow tang and let it be in a plastic container which was kept floating for two days. Today, I decided to release the yellow tang back to the tank and was very worried that it may attack the purple tang but was glad to see that the yellow tang mind it's own business.....some how containing the most aggressive fish in a separate container while introducing the new ones...( same family) helps a lot... Thought of sharing my experience.....

Have respect for others...,listen....share and value experience..............

• SRC Member

Nice sharing.

For mine, I brought a Ms Yellow and was bully by the Mrs Salfin, I locked the Salfin for a few days and today, I brought Mr Blue and Mr powder Brown. Guess what, Ms Yellow thought she is now an old bird, trying to show off to Mr Blue and Mr Powder Brown. In view of this, I released Mrs Salfin and now she showed Ms Yellow who the boss. So with the introduction of all of them at once, will keep them busy. Best is my Mr Naso, mind his own business and eat like a pig and also shit like a bomber. Lol

I bought a purple tang and when I introduced it in my tank middle of the night, I thought everything will be safe, but the next day to my horror, the yellow tang started attacking my purple tang. Worried, I caught the yellow tang and let it be in a plastic container which was kept floating for two days. Today, I decided to release the yellow tang back to the tank and was very worried that it may attack the purple tang but was glad to see that the yellow tang mind it's own business.....some how containing the most aggressive fish in a separate container while introducing the new ones...( same family) helps a lot... Thought of sharing my experience.....

that's how I introduce my purple too. proven method!

~ 24 June 2012 ~

Main Tank Display- 4ft (L) x 2ft (W) x 2.5ft (H) 3side view

Return Pump- 2x Eheim 1262

Wavemaker- Conch II + Tunze

Skimmer- Hydor Performer 700DP

Lighting- Sun System Tek-Light T5 8 x ATI 54W

Chiller- Hailea 1/4hp

Reactor- Skimz FR Rowaphos

Dosing Pump- Bubble Magus BM-T01

-Refugium-