white worm on mushroom

blondmyth

I believe its not worm bro... Instead it might be the mucus they secrete when they are stressed. Have you shifted it? or isit under high flow? Put it on a low flow area. White shouldn't be any problem, but if its brown or brown jelly then you have to work out on it. HTH

• SRC Member

Those are the corals messenterial filaments, or digestive organs. Your coral is stressed. If it is also spitting out brown colored string-like things, it is a bad sign. The brown things are the symbiotic zooxanthellae and are ejected when corals are stressed.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

If they expands and are not spitting brown strings, they are probably just 'eating'. They some sometimes spit out the filaments to digest food particles that had landed in them.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)