Breeding clownfishes

• SRC Member

me have a humble 2FT tank with 7 normal clown of couples of months. (2 months and 5 - 1 months)

have clown die before when mewly setup.

curenntly added a mandarin red (1month) and a fire gobby (this chap very shy 2 days only)

This is 1st time go into marine fish. love Nemo and the main reason to start marine.

• SRC Member
hello... guess the breeder flu bite me again.... was breeding various species of freshwater fishes before i started marine... hmmm anyone has experience of breeding clownfishes???? wanting to try them...

IMO clownfishes are quite hardy... I setup a nano for my GF (with minimal equipment), with a clown and a mandarin goby.. both living happily in there. The clown is eating like crazy.. :P

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

Draven... if you're interested in breeding clownfishes... you have to start culturing phyto and rotifers.

Actually, the phyto is to feed the rotifers which you feed to the fry.

And purchase the book 'Clownfishes - A guide to their captive care, breeding and natural history' by Joyce D. Wilkerson.

It's an EXCELLENT BOOK!

AT

• SRC Member
Draven... if you're interested in breeding clownfishes... you have to start culturing phyto and rotifers.

Actually, the phyto is to feed the rotifers which you feed to the fry.

And purchase the book 'Clownfishes - A guide to their captive care, breeding and natural history' by Joyce D. Wilkerson.

It's an EXCELLENT BOOK!

AT

that's the bk which will provide u with all the breeding requirements... ;)

u can get it at kinokuniya :)

however, IMO, it is alot of job n u probably wont make any profit out of it unless u r doing it at a veri large scale ;)