Majestic and blueface strange phenomenon

Hi guys ive been keeping angels for quite some time now, and i have not experienced this issue before.

Recently my 7 inch blueface and 9 inch majestic have been acting extremely strangely.. They have been circling each other as if they are going to fight or size each other up but they do not even nip each other. In the past my blueface has been the true terror of tank when any new pomacanthus family is introduced. My majestic is a big softie in my tank whilst my blueface is my tank's equivalent of Don Corleone

At night when i was doing a water top up and my daily rounds of checking the pumps and skimmer and wavemakers are all in order, i noticed the blueface and majestic sharing my blueface's sleeping area. This is extremely unusual coz my blueface will not only defend his sleeping area ( the biggest hidey hole of my tank ) among his liverocks but may even cause severe injury and death to other fishes..

Does anyone have any idea what is this behavior about? if it is some kind of strange pairing its fine but im worried its ailment or poor health.

Im currently running a 6ft fowlr with liverocks, no dosing of any chemicals since day 1.

My fishes:

Emperor, Majestic, 2 x Blueface, Asfur, Earspot, French, 3 x queens, Regal yb, venustus, bluering, watanabei male, personifer,

2 x king, scribbled, cortez , sohal and a naso.

• SRC Member

You have quite a collection of angels..... :thumbsup: I guess if they are still feeding normal then should be OK right.. like u said maybe they are pairing up

You have quite a collection of angels..... :thumbsup: I guess if they are still feeding normal then should be OK right.. like u said maybe they are pairing up

Angel lover only ma .. But the reason i asking this is their behavior is causing some disturbance to my other more jittery angels, especially my regal and asfur. Coz their movement is erratic and their jerking and ramming around does frighten the others and its very stressful to me =(.

I forgot to add that this strange behavior also started some time after i added my most recent addition, a 4 inch emperor.

Im also worried perhaps the nutrition could be insufficient as i have been quite busy recently and skipped out on feeding seaweed for quite awhile and caused behavioral problems..

All large angels... and somemore got a few of the types, I wish I have the m power.....

Better wait for the expert to answer or ask kelvin from TFC.

As long as all of them is feeding... should not be a problem. Look for the angel that is not eating. ..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...