Advice needed on GSP

Patrick

Doesnt look like dying to me. Use a powerhead to flush it then use a baby toothbrush or very soft adult toothbrush to give it a gentle brush to clean up anything that deposited on top of it. And place it at medium flow location with medium light. Hope its help. I exp it before and these method recovered my GSP

GSP has not opened for days. From the look of it, is it dying?

Bro my experience with GSP is that they will take their own sweet time to slowly open up. They are quite hardy so just give them some time.. once u spot a few open up very fast the rest will follow. That was what happen to mine when I first introduce them.. later I did a FW dip and by accident it was more than 10mins but still they survived

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 2

has it opened before? or was it newly introduced?

i had mine for quite sometime until suddenly it doesn't open. I took it and face the wavemaker to blow away all the 'dust' on top of it. after then it open up in a few days.

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

• SRC Member
Bro my experience with GSP is that they will take their own sweet time to slowly open up. They are quite hardy so just give them some time.. once u spot a few open up very fast the rest will follow. That was what happen to mine when I first introduce them.. later I did a FW dip and by accident it was more than 10mins but still they survived Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks bro.
has it opened before? or was it newly introduced? i had mine for quite sometime until suddenly it doesn't open. I took it and face the wavemaker to blow away all the 'dust' on top of it. after then it open up in a few days.
Thanks bro. Yes opened fully in my small tank for a week. I transferred to big tank and it didn't open for 4 days now. .
Some gsp are very shy. Mine took 4days to open few polyps only.

But once it settles, not shy at all...

Thanks bro kelvin. I will wait a few days.

Thanks bro. Thanks bro. Yes opened fully in my small tank for a week. I transferred to big tank and it didn't open for 4 days now. . Thanks bro kelvin. I will wait a few days.
Your big tank parameters are likely different from that of your small tank. Hence it is still trying to adapt to the new tank conditions.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member
Your big tank parameters are likely different from that of your small tank. Hence it is still trying to adapt to the new tank conditions.
Thanks bro. Have moved it to higher flow spot and more lights hope it will open up.