Finally! New place...new tank!

Mellow

birdnest bottom turns white pretty common bro, if there still polyp. dont worry!

Thanks bro for the complimentary galaxy monti frag early. Here it is in my tank now. Nice big cube tank you've got. Finally seeing you again after so many years. Haha. great catch up btw.

post-600-14167483860871_thumb.jpg

"Save a reef, grow your own"

birdnest bottom turns white pretty common bro, if there still polyp. dont worry!

and here's the birdnest which were affected by my low dKH incident. Only the birdnest were affected somehow and the green one also had little bald patches around it in addition to it turning white below.

post-600-14167484945123_thumb.jpg

post-600-14167485020884_thumb.jpg

post-600-14167485090713_thumb.jpg

post-600-14167485188119_thumb.jpg

Replaced it with this left over piece from aquarist chamber which is still really nice. Been wanting more purple and blue in my tank and still looking for a galaxy or purple monti cap too.

Turning a bit darker/bronwer in the centre parts. Polyp extensions has improved a little though

post-600-14167490224235_thumb.jpg

And a very glaring purple monti situated in an unassuming area at the bottom of my tank as well. udebe6uj.jpg

Almost forgot about this super purple encrusing monti monti many many months back. Been spreading across the live rocks but definitely lost that very deep royal purple hue. Now just look like corraline algae. Haha.

post-600-14167494365979_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

One of my biggest fear in this hobby materialised today.

Not a tank leak.

Not a chiller break down

Not a power shut off

Decided to finally frag some of my over grown sps and while trying to break off my lime green bali slimer, it set of a domino effect.

As the slimer was encrusted onto my radioactive birdnest, it went down with it.

As my radioactive birdnest was encrusted onto my orange digi, my orange digi went down with it.

As my orange digi was encrusted with my light blue stag, Part of it also gone.

And finally, as my light blue stag was near my orange monti cap,...you've guessed it. Partially gone too.

On a brighter note, I think it's perfect excuse to clear my tank of some space

There must have been at least one and a half football size of sps removed today and probably weighed almost a kg in total.

Panic and was really sian to leave everything lying on the sand bed and decided to give away to a friend willing to adopt them.

This was just the orange digi removed.

post-600-14199566630193_thumb.jpg

Aftermath after cleaning up sand bed and the many small unsightly loose pieces on sand bed.

Decided to save a small piece of the lime green slimer for myself only and plugged it somewhere at bottom right.

Shall take more pictures in full light tomorrow coz by the time I was done, all the lights were off.

post-600-14199571234979_thumb.jpg

post-600-14199571390657_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Wow....sad to hear that...

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

I'm sorry bro anyway your tank is still my idol and damn swee! Look at it this way more space for more gems :) have experienced the effect lol big monti caps took years to grow and takesseconds to break into big pieces feels like i shouldn't have touched the tank! :(

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• 4 weeks later...

Tank finally settling down again 3 weeks after disaster. Though I notice the pink bird of paradise seems to be the only coral still suffering the aftermath.

Finally got hold of those mini rbta at aquamarin yesterday. Apparently it doesn't get too big.

Nicely settled in that spot since introduction. Hope it stays. A tad too near this galaxy monti frag from a bro, but oh well... No more real estate anyway

post-600-1422189644699_thumb.jpg

post-600-14221896696549_thumb.jpg