myth : parasite can't pass through 10 micron filter bag

I read from somewhere online as well that small micron size filter sock will be able to capture some of the ich passing pass the water way, but didnt have a chance to try it out yet. Be prepare to change your sock regularly if you do, as smaller micron sock cloak easily. We can only tell if we take the filter sock out and check under microscope if ich is being trap there.

Another way is to run Diatom filter as well to polish the water, but it is not available here locally.

Ich are 0.5mm to 2mm and Valvet is about 50 micron thus I believe a 10 micron bag should be able to filter them.

But I doubt that you will be able to effectively remove them from your system as these buggers will lay dormant in your main tank, LRs and sand bed waiting for an opportunity to strike.

Personally, I feel that better ways of controlling diseases or parasites are through:

1) Good stocks

2) Good QT

3) Good environment, parameters in main tank

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Hey Gouldian,

Tks for the notes. Yup i have heard one or two experience reefers saying that and have read some articles and forum from USA.

Just to clear my doubts and confirm again. :thumbsup:

Agree that good QT and water parameter and fish compatibility is very important for prevention.

I am actually thinking/trying pre-treat NSW from LPS from another storage tank.

So i am doing some research and maybe trying out.

I read from somewhere online as well that small micron size filter sock will be able to capture some of the ich passing pass the water way, but didnt have a chance to try it out yet. Be prepare to change your sock regularly if you do, as smaller micron sock cloak easily. We can only tell if we take the filter sock out and check under microscope if ich is being trap there.

Another way is to run Diatom filter as well to polish the water, but it is not available here locally.

Ya i read about Diatom filter last night, very expensive operation.

Hey Gouldian,

Tks for the notes. Yup i have heard one or two experience reefers saying that and have read some articles and forum from USA.

Just to clear my doubts and confirm again. :thumbsup:

Agree that good QT and water parameter and fish compatibility is very important for prevention.

I am actually thinking/trying pre-treat NSW from LPS from another storage tank.

So i am doing some research and maybe trying out.

Not only water parameter, but i feel having a peaceful tank and not over crowding it is important as well. So how i discover fish start to develop ich when it is stress from over crowding or bully .