Sps bleaching pls help!!

Have tried keeping sps for many times but in the end it started to bleach and died even with good PE

Checked water parameter and temperature all within acceptable range.

Will direct lighting of 8 hours daily cause sps to bleach.

In the past I was using PL light all my Lps and sps were doing good and grew in the tank.

Ever since I changed to maxspect 60w led the survival rate of most of my corals are low that include LPS.

Please help???

Mind is version 1 with no channel. Do you think for time being use only blue led will help?I'm actually thinking of covering most of the white LEDs for time being...

Bro suggest you change your light since it unable to dim.

Bro suggest you change your light since it unable to dim.
Bro you mean sudden ON of bright light will cause bleaching? Light should be turn ON starting from blue for hours follow by white and vice versa to prevent bleaching??? Btw, any lighting suggestion for pico tank of 1ft x 1ft ?

• SRC Member

I think what bro Kakani meant was dimming the lighting down and slowly increasing the lighting intensity over a period of time (eg 6weeks)

Sudden increase in light intensity will cause the expulsion of zooxanthellae resulting in "bleaching".

Also the holder is available at most lighting shops, ikea and also some of the sponsors here...

:: just a noob ::

Too much blue spectrum from LED can bleach your SPS, as the beam can be very concentrated. I've done it with a 1W Solite Moonlight. Most SPS can handle being put straight under MH without acclimatization so it's all about the spectrum, intensity & spread.

You may wish to try Algagen Zooxanthellae available at Iwarna. It contains live zooxanthellae which corals can absorb again to help recover from a bleaching event.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Too much blue spectrum from LED can bleach your SPS, as the beam can be very concentrated. I've done it with a 1W Solite Moonlight. Most SPS can handle being put straight under MH without acclimatization so it's all about the spectrum, intensity & spread. You may wish to try Algagen Zooxanthellae available at Iwarna. It contains live zooxanthellae which corals can absorb again to help recover from a bleaching event.
Thanks bro for the advise.. Will see how it goes for the next 1 week b4 deciding which option to take cos I have just reducing the light in the tank by covering most of the white LEDs to determine what is the root cause.