Question on cycling.

Is it right to say that once my NH3 and NO2 reading drops to 0 my cycling is complete and i can start adding fishes in? And how often must i check for their readings or to cycle my tank again? I'm doing this on a brand new 3ft tank. Thanks in advance, please advise :)

yes ... your bacteria population has started to colonise on the surface...however it might not be enough if there is a sudden increase in the waste production, ie ammonia and nitrite...... start stocking slowly initially, and let the bacteria catch up at the same time and check every 3 days initially ... after that .... just do a check every 1-2 months...

in fact after cycling, i dont check my ammonia and nitrite anymore

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

yes ... your bacteria population has started to colonise on the surface...however it might not be enough if there is a sudden increase in the waste production, ie ammonia and nitrite...... start stocking slowly initially, and let the bacteria catch up at the same time and check every 3 days initially ... after that .... just do a check every 1-2 months...

in fact after cycling, i dont check my ammonia and nitrite anymore 

Alright thanks ! :D

Aim and achieve.

Alright thanks ! :D

Aim and achieve.

no prob ...

post pic in the member's section to share your set up ... :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

no prob ...

post pic in the member's section  to share your set up ... :)

I will, haha ! Just a few question if u dont mind. my tank is arriving tmr. Are there any things that I could use to speed up the process of cycling? Any recommendations?

Aim and achieve.

I will, haha ! Just a few question if u dont mind. my tank is arriving tmr. Are there any things that I could use to speed up the process of cycling? Any recommendations?

Aim and achieve.

microlift... but no need to waste money .

this hobby can be financially draining heavy ...

spend on gd and reliable equipment ...

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

microlift... but no need to waste money .

this hobby can be financially draining heavy ...

spend on gd and reliable equipment ... 

Where can I get that microlift? Im thinking to get it once only cos this will be my first time cycling the new fish tank. After the first cycling is done I dont think I'll be using it to speed up the process anymore as it may be costly.

Aim and achieve.

Petmart or Seaview. They are just nearer to my home haha..

microbe-lift special blend

http://www.microbelift.com/

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Any places can I get them around the west area? How much do they cost?

Aim and achieve.

You can check out Clementi C328 or contact one of our sponsor Gemsurfs which offer microlift at a cheaper price.

Happy reefing..

You can check out Clementi C328 or contact one of our sponsor Gemsurfs which offer microlift at a cheaper price.

Happy reefing..

Thanks. Fishes wont die from these right ? Cos my tank includes marine fishes and reefs.

Aim and achieve.

Thanks. Fishes wont die from these right ? Cos my tank includes marine fishes and reefs.

Aim and achieve.

The fish wouldn't die from the bacteria product, it is suppose to help to cycle / stablize the tank faster.

The fish wouldn't die from the bacteria product, it is suppose to help to cycle / stablize the tank faster.

Thanks, just wondering how much one bottle of that cost?

Petmart or Seaview. They are just nearer to my home haha..

microbe-lift special blend

http://www.microbelift.com/

Hey, dont mind if i ask 1 question, how do u mix ur salt into the tank? U fill ur tank with water then u add the salt in, or u add the salt in before putting the water into the tank?

I add salt to water. But I guess no right or wrong...however I think I read somewhere adding water to salt might precipitate certain ions and cause cloudiness.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

I add salt to water. But I guess no right or wrong...however I think I read somewhere adding water to salt might precipitate certain ions and cause cloudiness.

Is it possible to just buy NSW and fill my new tank with it and begin putting livestock in? Cycling process is quite long, so im considering to skip it if possible.

Cycling is a crucial process for Any marine tank. Unless u wanna be cruel n dish out death for all e unlucky fishes u buy, go thru e process diligently

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

Cycling is a crucial process for Any marine tank. Unless u wanna be cruel n dish out death for all e unlucky fishes u buy, go thru e process diligently

Thanks. Cycling in process now :D