What is the Temperature to maintain for a FOWLR aquarium

Do you want them to just survive or thrive in your tank? To survive I think at 30 to 32 still ok To thrive I guess to bring closest to the environment will be 25 I do a balance.... I set at 28.5. :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

I think it also depends on tank size... I (in my masterplan 2020) would love to have a 6 ft big marine fish only tank. If the tank is big enough, I don't think we need to have chiller to keep water temp at 27-28 deg cel especially when we also have a huge sump reservoir. But for smaller tanks 3ft and under, then should have chiller to maintain water temp stability. My 3.5ft tank without chiller goes up to 31 deg cel.

I think it also depends on tank size... I (in my masterplan 2020) would love to have a 6 ft big marine fish only tank. If the tank is big enough, I don't think we need to have chiller to keep water temp at 27-28 deg cel especially when we also have a huge sump reservoir. But for smaller tanks 3ft and under, then should have chiller to maintain water temp stability. My 3.5ft tank without chiller goes up to 31 deg cel.
It also depend on the equipment you use. MH and T5 temperature sure go up sky high but if leds temperature alot better. And bigger tank also depend on your overflow rate is it very fast. If fast cooling rate will be better and evaporation rate also fast. If use alot of heat equipment like pump or wavemaker also will add more heat. So best advice run chiller.

Temp can achieve 28 to29 if u use a fan blowing at ur water surface.but this will cause

high evaporation,too many powerheads is no good too(provide heat).place tank in

Cool ambient temp in the house will helps too.fishes thrive is not only bcos of temp,good

nutrition and tank maintenance are top priority.IMHO.hope thats helps.