taxi driver in Singapore

alcatraz01

• SRC Member

On 2 Sep 2013 at about 6 am, took a taxi SHA8280E from Yishun to Changi airport; on alighting, the taxi driver give me my change mostly in coin(s). I was puzzled why I was given the change in coin(s) but did not suspect.

I did not check as never expect that a taxi driver will "cheat" a passenger in Singapore.

It was only when the taxi left that I realized I was given short change.

Though it was a small amount BUT it left a bad impression of taxi drivers in Singapore, inspite of the fact that had to pay additional 25%fares during the stipulated travelling hour.

The above is just for information, in case taxi driver give you change in coin(s).

Would be interesting if bro and/or sis care to share their negative experience regarding taxi drivers in Singapore.

By not checking the change, cant blame anyone. Why share negative but not positive experiences? China woman are known to be gold diggers but can we conclude all China woman are gold diggers? It's like your work place. There are some who are your good buddies and some you think they are PITA. Conversely they think the same about you. In this world there is always the Yin and Yang. Strike a balance and think positively. Many of us are frequent travelers and sometimes carry foreign currencies with us. In the end many end up in the taxi driver pocket. So now who short change who? Since you know the taxi number etc, why not highlight this to the company for further investigation and clarification instead of broadcasting over the net without understanding the other party? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/'>now Free

• Like 1

• SRC Member

hi spgojc, thank you for your advice.

as you mentioned by not checking, we have ourself to blame; there is no any intention to bring up the matter against the taxi driver [as there will be no case].

this is just to give one example where we as passenger will have to check the change, be it in dollar notes or in coins [in this case, as mentioned it is small amount > one dollar in small denomination coin but < two dollar in small denomination coin].

just a opinion that this particular taxi driver could and would continue trying out his luck, as no passenger will ever want to complain even he short changed his passengers.

I have good experience only. Everytime they know you are not local they treat you well(my experience). There was one time the driver was not sure with the way to an LFS, he stop the meter and apologized to me. I never experienced that in any county I have been.

I understand alcatraz01. No offence here. Good that you take it positively. :thumbsup:

Just to caution, mentioning the taxi number, date and time you can actually pinpoint the taxi company and driver. LTA might want to take action against them. In return, without proof and evidence of one's wrong doing the taxi company or driver can sue for defamation by slamming them over the net. It's like "LKY IC no: xxxxxxx, you short changed us!"

• SRC Member

Hi spgohjc, thank you once again.

As already mentioned, no intention to bring up a case and we are in Kopi Tiam topic.

It also could be the taxi driver is sleepy at that time.

Spy_i had a good experience which is nice to hear of taxi drivers in Singapore, thanks.

• Like 1

To share another story by a taxi driver (former police officer) which was published over Sunday times. He actually donated part of his liver to a total stranger which if that didn't happen, the patient would have up the lorry.

Some might even think twice doing that for their own family members.

Think positive and better times, good vibes for you. Law of Attraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free