Black sun coral

FuEl

Was feeding my shrimps at night with some sinking granule marine food...some landed on the polyps of my black sun coral and the polyps happily engulfed the pellets! :blink:

Just hope to share this experience..maybe others could try. ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

my sun coral.. no matter wat i feed it dont wan to open.. i nv put it in a shady place becus.. i tried but it just not doing well.. 1-2 mouth have already die off... anyone wan to buy frm me? so to keep it alive.. pls PM ME sorry to borrow ur thread.. hope u dont mind

Hi Bro

Read from my Marine Aquarium Hobby Guide that certain kind of coral need to be fed with meat like brimp shrimp once a month.

I follow this guide monthly by using a straw and place some brimp shrimp at the month of the polys

So far do good.

V

NoNo...i meant i was feeding the crustaceans in my tank at night with sinking pellet food...some granules landed on the sun coral polyp and it engulfed it!

Next i tried on my moon coral, it also took them...

Hmm..now no need buy so much mysis to feed those corals already..granule food works just as well. ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
NoNo...i meant i was feeding the crustaceans in my tank at night with sinking pellet food...some granules landed on the sun coral polyp and it engulfed it!

Next i tried on my moon coral, it also took them...

Hmm..now no need buy so much mysis to feed those corals already..granule food works just as well. ;)

whatr sinking pellet you use ah? .. I'm interested in keeping sun corals too but scared it only eats mysis.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

Was feeding my shrimps at night with some sinking granule marine food...some landed on the polyps of my black sun coral and the polyps happily engulfed the pellets!  :blink:

Just hope to share this experience..maybe others could try.  ;)

Hey, the same thing happened to me yesterday! I was feeding flake food to my fishes when i noticed 1 of the polyps caught a piece and devouring it... :o

Mine is the orange sun coral.