Fresh Water Aquarium Set-up

after12

• SRC Member

Some fw fishes such as swordtail and guppy do consume the oily layers found on the water surface of a planted tank. As for algae, there are some sp that do consume certain algae.

In comparison, I find marine using more electrical consumption then freshwater tanks. Equipment wise, more are used for marine than freshwater. This is what I had found out when doing my research on marine. I decided then to not start a marine tank as the power consumption for the size of tank that I wanted can actually powered a couple of planted tank. Pls do not flame me coz this is what I had found out. Everybody has his own taste and my reply is not intended to potray which is better.

But I would still log into this forum to learn more about the marine hobby and to see if I could use some marine equipment for freshwater tank use. For example, the TUBBY top up water system could be use for planted tank too. And also Ian's I-box creation could be use for freshwater hobbyist who are breeding their fishes, using 2-tier tank.

Just my humble opinion. :)