Hammer and gonio not opening fully

viviancoco

Hi all,

I've tried placing them in different parts of the tank for the past month. Like once a week, but still, they doesn't seem to open up as much.

My hammers don't look happy):

Posted Image

And did I place my gonio too high up in the tank? It doesn't seem to extend that much.

Posted Image

Usually what placement is good for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Hammers Love Light..So Medium

As for flow they need very very low flow..

Flowerpots..

High Light to Medium

Flow Medium..Try Not moving them so much..give them that location for about 2-3weeks before trying some other spots

cheers!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Hammer can put in medium low flow, but look a lot better in nearly no flow. The elegance beside it will most likely sting it too btw so you shouldn't put the two together. Chemical warfare may be happening

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Gonio too high flow will not open up fully. I had one which was opening very big, after i add an additional wavemaker. It refuse to open. I shift it to a lower lower. And it took 3 weeks to finally open back to its original size. That say. I think gonio is one of the hardest lps to keep.