Can a Brown Tang, Powder Brown & Powder Blue Tang

depends on alot of factors

1)temperament of individual tangs (everyone is different)

2)size of your tank (bigger can avoid territory disputes)

3)aquascaping and current (competition for preferred grazing grounds)

etc...

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

I wouldn't get the brown tang if I have the intention of getting the powder brown tang as I think the beautifully coloured powder brown tang will make the brown tang looks dull.

I have seen powder brown and powder blue mixed together with no problems and i have also heard of the two powders fighting constantly until one dies, severely injured or cornered to one side of the tank.

But if you must get these two powders, I would suggest getting them at the same time and of the same size. Also, it would be great if you have a spare cycled tank should continuous battle between these two occurs. You may have to give up one powder tang should this incompatibility fights happen. A larger tank will definitely increase your chance of success.

I do find the powder brown less aggressive and more sensitive than the powder blue. But overall, these two powders are definitely more sensitive that most other tangs and should not be a beginner's fish.

Just my honest opinion.

• SRC Member
If you are seeking for trouble then i would say that thy will mix :lol::lol::lol: Thumb rule... 1 tang per tank, nop matter how big it is

Go tell tat to Deepblue :evil::evil:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.