My first FOWLR

yq33

• SRC Member

Oh that's nice of you! I'm currently having my exams now, I drop by next week if you're okay. Are you near the mrt ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure sure. I am one bus stop away from mrt station. PM me to arrange then. Just note that i am traveling for two weeks from 21/09. So any day before that is fine.

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure sure. I am one bus stop away from mrt station. PM me to arrange then. Just note that i am traveling for two weeks from 21/09. So any day before that is fine.

Oh alright! Will pm you soon!

Anyone can help me out here, I want to upgrade my wavemaker but not too sure which options are the best

Currently I'm only using 1 wp25 in my 4 x1.5 x2 tank

1) get dual controller for my wp25 and add one more

2) get 1 rw15

3) rw20?

4) 2 x rw 8

Get 1 more wp 25 ... 1 each side of the tank ..

Today I realized that, the wp 25 flow is really narrow, that's why I considering to change to the rw. But if that works then maybe I go with that! Anyone else?

I feel that the wp 25 is too small for the 4 feet. I would encourage u to get 2 wp 40, 1 on each side. Or get the newer model rw 15

2x rw15 ah

Even with my wp25, it blows the corner of my sand away..

It's blows the corner of your sand coz u have no opposing flow. That's y u place another wavemaker on the opposite side. For some creating good water flow in your aquarium is an art.

Oh.. Makes sense. Thanks!

But do they align to each other on both ends or one infront one towards the back

Butterfly fish still has some spots on his fin and tail, some parts of the tail seems to be chipped off other than that, still eating and not hiding around, should I be concerned?

Nice.. When u moving him to your DT?

Since the advice is 4weeks, I will try to stick to that.. But if I make a trip to any farm and come back with something next week then he will be in the DT soon!

What is he feeding on now?

Frozen hikari mysis and brine shrimp, he was already eating on the second day! But the pearlscale that I bought with him wasn't so fortunate, died on the second day.

Looks like u have a fetish for butterflies huh

Yea, i think he had a parasite attack, saw some flesh when he died sadly..

Well butterflies are my favorite haha second to angels, but my tank is too small for large angels I guess and they're so expensive, so I'm sorta learning with butterflies first!

Planning to add maybe a pair of bannerfish after this!

Just like how you have a fetish for butterflies, I on the other hand have a fetish for Tangs haha. If you like those large angels, y don't you start them from juvenile stage. About the same size as your butterfly.

The saddleback is from AC And the Auriga is from ah beng!

I'm also interested in tangs, a blue tang and yellow tang, maybe even sailfin if the space allows haha.

But I'm pretty sure if I get all of them it would surely be overstocking!

Yea I'm looking out for some angels like the king angelfish, heard it's a very hardy one!