Washing of live rocks

CookieCrunch

Alright ! Thanks ! But I will have to use Salt water to rinse it off right ?

In fact I jet spray with fresh water followed by a good 10min soak in fresh water. This will force out most of the pest like crabs, mantis shrimps etc. Dun worry the beneficial bacteria will grow back. This is for uncured live rock.

In fact I jet spray with fresh water followed by a good 10min soak in fresh water. This will force out most of the pest like crabs, mantis shrimps etc. Dun worry the beneficial bacteria will grow back. This is for uncured live rock.

That's a nice information to learn !

Thanks much !

Keep reading to only use saltwater which is kinda hard to clean it as I find jet like you said are much quicker !

To speed up the cycling process u can dose bacteria (liquid form faster) and best if u can use live sand.

Yeah ! I'll be getting the carribean live sand ! Is liquid and powder bacteria much of a difference ? How long did you cycle the tank . Must it really be 3 weeks ! Can't wait seems so longggg ! Haha

Yeah ! I'll be getting the carribean live sand ! Is liquid and powder bacteria much of a difference ? How long did you cycle the tank . Must it really be 3 weeks ! Can't wait seems so longggg ! Haha

Brother be patient. Nowadays with bacteria and live sand min 2-4 weeks. Last time 2-4 months lol ... If u bother to test NH4 and NO2 u may add live stock once both are zero, otherwise wait.

Brother be patient. Nowadays with bacteria and live sand min 2-4 weeks. Last time 2-4 months lol ... If u bother to test NH4 and NO2 u may add live stock once both are zero, otherwise wait.

Haha ! Alright ! Yeah for now I'm building a fowlr tank . :) cause I will not get a chiller for now . Low on budget currently . Ordered a 2ft cube with sump .