soft coral/lps recommendations for beginer

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Coral dip very important.. dont learn it the hard way like me.. must must rx dip or at least freshwater dip.. when parasites are in the tank.. it is very tough to erdicate it.

Thanks for the info.. Learn new things again.. Haha.. Where can I get coral-RX?

• SRC Member

Hi, any updates on how your tank coming?? Your experience with the Algae scrubber.. ? Is it effective?

hi mechgobi. ive upgraded to a slightly bigger tank and start using an uas instead of ats. both are pretty amazing on NO3 controlling. I feed my fish everyday and the NO3 has never been above 5. one disadvantage is that the KH really drops fast and need to raise it up. not really useful on algae control actually. maybe because my tank is still not really stable.

as for lights, i used both led on main tank and ats/uas. 60w "full spectral" led on main tank. warm white on ats and now red light on uas. the ats is proven useful and still testing the uas.

anyway, so far my corals seems alright. only problem is my skunk shrimp. keeps disturbing all my corals...

• SRC Member

Thanks for the info.. Learn new things again.. Haha.. Where can I get coral-RX?

today bought two fish coral cleaner from Marin life. smells like lemonade. tried on my new bought blasto and acan. no results yet...will update.