For discussion: Buying equipment directly from China

Hi Bros,

any one had any experience buying equipment directly from China? Pumps? Chillers? Cree LEDs? anything?

Am going to Shanghai and Qingdao frequently and would like to see if anyone know of good location to purchases these.

I saw Hailea's chiller 1/2 hp in taobao for only $300+...

Meet with a reefer earlier this week and was told Abyzz pump was S$200+ cheaper per piece

Any idea?

For discussion.

I wouldn't but electical equipments from China if I will you. Cos there will definitely be no warrrenty coverage, and most distributor will not support spare parts if the equipments ia not bought from them.

• SRC Member

Only buy from those authorised shops in taobao. If the price is more than 40% cheaper than sg then can buy. Anyway since you are traveling to china every now and then, you can always send them back for repair during your trip.

Else you can also taobao those misc thingy ie coral feeder, test kit, etc. Same brands, more brands and hell lot cheaper.

One last thing, taobao accept dbs credit card and enet too.

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

Really? They accept DBS credit cards? I have nv shop in taobao before, always my wife doing it and mostly house deco stuff. I just print screen and send it to them.

I'm looking at hailea HS-90a which is around S$330 - 360 include delivery. Went clementi and they are selling $595.

Tempted, though it means i have to get a foldable trolley in my luggage.

• SRC Member

Really? They accept DBS credit cards? I have nv shop in taobao before, always my wife doing it and mostly house deco stuff. I just print screen and send it to them.

I'm looking at hailea HS-90a which is around S$330 - 360 include delivery. Went clementi and they are selling $595.

Tempted, though it means i have to get a foldable trolley in my luggage.

Yup, very sure taobao accept dbs credit card. Ergh...How heavy is the chiller?

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014