Live Rock

SimonLSB

Try pacific marine . I saw nice coralline encrusted live rocks.

Main Tank: 93 Gallon Cube Tank
Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455, Skimz Mini SN143
Chiller: Arctica DBA-075
Lightings: AI Hydra 52 x 02
Wavemaker: Vortech mp-40 x 02, Tunze 6020
Dosing Pump: Jebao with Grotech ABC,123 & Mag
Return Pump: Deltec H20cean 5000
Reactor: Biopellets with FR & Deltec H20cean 2000

FR: Skimz BR80

Supplements: Seachem Reef Builder, Seachem Calcium, Seachem Magnesium, Seachem Kalkwassar, Seachem Iodine

ya i bought mine from pacific marine and its very live.. many things living on the rock..

Haha sometimes it's a luck game. But it also explains why over the years live rock have dropped in popularity.

Still remember when I started out many years ago, live sand (back then dun even have pre-packed versions. The LFS will scoop live sand from a pail and sell it in plastic bags) and live rocks were the way to go.

Now that I'm rejoining the hobby again, my new tank will not have any rocks at all. Hopefully my biohome and mini refugium can handle the load.

Haha sometimes it's a luck game. But it also explains why over the years live rock have dropped in popularity.

Still remember when I started out many years ago, live sand (back then dun even have pre-packed versions. The LFS will scoop live sand from a pail and sell it in plastic bags) and live rocks were the way to go.

Now that I'm rejoining the hobby again, my new tank will not have any rocks at all. Hopefully my biohome and mini refugium can handle the load.

A little off topic but bro no rocks? Not even dead/dry rocks? Why? Cause i also wanted to try 'rock-less'

Sharkssssss.

My new tank has a display area of 60cm( L ) by 20cm( B ) by 30cm( H ).

Tried looking for dried rocks but because of the size of the tank, there are not many nice shapes I can scape. It is also pretty dangerous because one mistake and I would have rocks hitting my glass.

In fact, I do have a few pieces of dead rock lying around Now that I have decided not to use them.

Because of this, I decided to create a spongebob themed aquarium, mimicking the layout of bikini bottom. Hopefully there will be enough holes and caves for my fishes to hide in future. Else I would add some small artificial rocks to spice up the setting :)

post-23811-0-24145100-1412312147_thumb.j

Fantastic!!!! Been waiting for someone to do a spongebob replica set up. Keep us posted with pics man. Im excited for ur new project!

Ps. Can u pm me the price of those figurines, they look too awesome.

I Love Stagsss