Review on Coral_Plankton & Bio_Plankton

Maxima

• SRC Member

I've started testing ou new food from Liquid Life, both the BioPlankton and CoralPlankton. My main interest will be the "NEW" Coral_Plankton on 6um~200um size, which I can it ideal for SPS, which most species is found to contain food in their gut from 4um to 250um sizes. I will posted a review progressaivly every week. Since I've only tested for 4 days. I will just post the photos prior to review end of this week. My feeding are once/day with CoralPlankton and once a week with BioPlankton. I see more positive polys extensions so far, affect has been good.

:P Max :)

post-14-1078110442.jpg

• SRC Member

Next Pix.

All pictures taken with yellowish BLV 10K without suppl. of blue light. Actual polys extension are much longer, expecially with MH or moonlight lights off. Still waiting for my Megachrome to arrive :PB)B)

Pix are mixture of night & day feedings.

:thanks:

Max

post-14-1078111212.jpg

• SRC Member
where u purchase the BioPlankton and CoralPlankton and got any web of more information about it..

thanx

In the past you will need to order in thru the states, but there's a official agent that has just been appointed...-> SeaQuest Aquatics Trading Post - Look for Michael Young.......

:yeah::whistle

Max

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Anymore pic updates Max? :eyebrow:

Most likely on Thursday......out of office for the pass several days.......downloading image is a pain with my current 38.4kbps connection @ home.

BTW, so far the CoralPlankton has not induce ANY algae boom. I wouldn't say so for all other coral food below 700um out there. I've used the majority brands and the only 3 coral food source that did not cause a algae boom are

CoralPlankton - less than 200um size

BioPlankton -less than 16um size

DT Plankton - less than 12um???? not too sure.....

These are also subjective to your tank stability as well. But I've to say that, since I shift tank 3 mths back, I've induce a mini-cycle, therefore I wouldn't consider my tank as being stable, unless it is at least pass 12~18mths old.

I'll update the pics soon...........

Max

I use GPs too and I don't have any form of algae bloom too. ;) I feed a lot of cyclop-eeze too!

It really depends on the maturity of your system.

Just to add this in to be objective. ;)

• SRC Member
I use GPs too and I don't have any form of algae bloom too. ;) I feed a lot of cyclop-eeze too!

It really depends on the maturity of your system.

Just to add this in to be objective. ;)

Put it simple.........................

GPs & Cyclop-eeze = CAN food - chop up of everything.

BioPlankton & Coral Plankton = Frozen Food

Culture = Live Food

So what do you like to feed your corals? Juz a personal Choice..............Live Food will be best.......but where got time....... :blink::blink:

:P

Max

• Sponsor

Put it simple.........................

GPs & Cyclop-eeze = CAN food - chop up of everything.

BioPlankton & Coral Plankton = Frozen Food

Culture = Live Food

So what do you like to feed your corals? Juz a personal Choice..............Live Food will be best.......but where got time....... :blink::blink:

:P

Max

I feed mine tank the entire range of Ocean Nutrition flake and pellet feed; Cyclop Eeze; Bio and CoralPlankton; as well as frozen feed I made from a recipe from Henry at Marine Life. Its really a cocktail of several types of seafood and vitamin additives.

Live food may not be very good if you do not know where they come from.