Need help to get cheato

Kelvin Ang

• SRC Member

I'm current new to his hobby . And I'm using bean works lighting for the nano due to budget . Any bros stays a west clementi there can meet up for coffee session about this hobby , I will be grateful . Cause I think i kana poison by the 1st day when I got my fish

• SRC Member
I'm current new to his hobby . And I'm using bean works lighting for the nano due to budget . Any bros stays a west clementi there can meet up for coffee session about this hobby , I will be grateful . Cause I think i kana poison by the 1st day when I got my fish
yup ocean free 34l .

am I replying ??

Yups we can see your replies.

I think your tank have compartments at the back that is partitioned away from the main tank. U can place your cheato in one of the compartment (preferably after the skimmer) and if you can, not in the same compartment as the return pump (the stray cheato will clog up your return pump).

You can also get a hang-on filter, remove all filter mediums and replace it with cheato.

• SRC Supporter

Hi bro, welcome to the nano club.. perhaps you might wanna share your plans on what livestock you wanna keep, so that bros here can give you specific advice to your plans..

I also learned alot from this forum, planning is extremely important at the early stage to determine how you use the limited space available for a nano owner..

It can get quite frustrating as you go along and discover the space limitations for essential equipments for the livestock you want to have..

That being said, its gonna be good fun as well haha

Just keep reefing~!

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

Hi bro, welcome to the nano club.. perhaps you might wanna share your plans on what livestock you wanna keep, so that bros here can give you specific advice to your plans..

I also learned alot from this forum, planning is extremely important at the early stage to determine how you use the limited space available for a nano owner..

It can get quite frustrating as you go along and discover the space limitations for essential equipments for the livestock you want to have..

That being said, its gonna be good fun as well haha

Just keep reefing~!

I totally feel that ...... even though I built my tank around my equipment. But it is the challenge that makes this hobby an interesting one.

Marine Life doesn't have any spare Cheato to give. I asked them less then a week ago.

Your best bet to get Cheato would be at Iwarna but you got to call them to ask as they may not have spare to sell.

Hmm .. Kelvin, why not u pen down in a single reply what equipments you have at the moment, whether or not your tank have started (if yes then for how long and what was your cycling process like), what fishes you have or plan to get and what corals are u thinking of keeping (Softies, LPS or SPS). Will also be good if you can list down your tank's current parameters and temperature.

This way we can help u better.

• SRC Member
Yups we can see your replies. I think your tank have compartments at the back that is partitioned away from the main tank. U can place your cheato in one of the compartment (preferably after the skimmer) and if you can, not in the same compartment as the return pump (the stray cheato will clog up your return pump). You can also get a hang-on filter, remove all filter mediums and replace it with cheato.
I was told by the reef shop that I must change my light to raditan for nice grows for everything ? Is it true ? Can my beam works light supports on lps and sps corals ?

Your tank should be 1 ft deep. My tank is also 1 ft deep and I'm using an AI (similar to Ecotech Radion) for my tank and am only running it at 30-40% power. Abit overkill.

Your beamswork should do alright if you put your photosynthetic corals in the upper half of the tank. Else u can opt for LED lightsets that have 1-3W per LED blub. Par38 full spectrum would be a good budget lightset that have been proven to work for corals.

For LPS and SPS corals, u got to think about the amount of flow in your tank and more importantly, ensure that you have stable parameters, especially temperature and PH.

• SRC Member
Marine Life doesn't have any spare Cheato to give. I asked them less then a week ago. Your best bet to get Cheato would be at Iwarna but you got to call them to ask as they may not have spare to sell. Hmm .. Kelvin, why not u pen down in a single reply what equipments you have at the moment, whether or not your tank have started (if yes then for how long and what was your cycling process like), what fishes you have or plan to get and what corals are u thinking of keeping (Softies, LPS or SPS). Will also be good if you can list down your tank's current parameters and temperature. This way we can help u better.
ok bro . Now my items is ocean free nano 36L . 1 chiller , a skimmer , beam works lights , dosing systems , marine pure , carrbin live sands , dry reef cycled sea water , 2 clown fish , bitter star fish , 8 bubble yellow snails , 2 hermits , 2 cleaners shrimps , 1 bubble tip green ammorne , 1 blue hammer , 1 feather duster , 1 red big prata it's been run 5days since I buy , parameters is cal 420ppm, dkh 9 , mag 1350 , 0 amiona , 0nitrate , 0 niterites, ph 8.3

• SRC Member
Your tank should be 1 ft deep. My tank is also 1 ft deep and I'm using an AI (similar to Ecotech Radion) for my tank and am only running it at 30-40% power. Abit overkill. Your beamswork should do alright if you put your photosynthetic corals in the upper half of the tank. Else u can opt for LED lightsets that have 1-3W per LED blub. Par38 full spectrum would be a good budget lightset that have been proven to work for corals. For LPS and SPS corals, u got to think about the amount of flow in your tank and more importantly, ensure that you have stable parameters, especially temperature and PH.
my temperature is 25 with my chiller

Wow! Your tank is doing well.

Hmm .. Bumblebee snails are carnivores .. got to make sure there is enough food for them to find. Or can think of reducing their population.

If you intend to keep SPS in your tank, the anemone and hammer would pose a problem as they tend to sting other corals near them and your tank isn't very spacious. Might want to think of how you can arrange your corals such that stinging corals can be isolated.

Temperature wise can consider 26-27 degrees to keep your electricity consumption down. Cooling water to 25 degrees would be a tough job for any chillers in our local weather. Most corals will still do well at 26-27 degrees.

Anemone will keep on walking until it finds a place it likes.

They like medium flow and medium to high light where their tentacles are. But would prefer a "cave" or a hole in the rock where they can hide their "body" away from strong light.

Medium flow is where u see the tentacles moving but not being forcefully blown. Medium light is when u see the anemone is bright but not glaring.