2ft ios tank

Hi i have a 2ft ios tank. Just would like to ask some advice on how i should utilise the 3 compartment of my ios tank

I have a boyu skimmer that i am going to use

A water pump to pump into my chiller and then back to the ios

And then a return pump to display

i would need activated carbon and i am planning to put rowaphos for phosphate removal

Any advice on how to utiliss the ios compartment ?

Am not able to fins answers on google

• SRC Member

I would replace the skimmer to tunze 9004 0r 9001. Keep it simple as 2 feet can easily be upkeep with weekly WC. You only need a decent skimmer , wavaker and good to have chiller.

Thanks bro inwear, yea planning to upgrade sooner or later decided to do a cheap set up first and save up for a good skimmer and good lights later on.

I have a chiller already hailea hs28a

Just abit confused on what to put in the ios for filtration

Was thinkibg of keeping it simple but i feel that overkilling it would be a better choice hahaha

IMO, I would place the carbon, rowa and filtration media in 1st compartment. Skimmer in 2nd. And the 2 pumps you mentioned in the last. Done this in my previous 1.5ft cube with tunze 9004. For carbon, I don't place it in all the time though, as an when the water is not clear. Then remove it after a couple of days.

• SRC Supporter

hey bro, you can also try polyp lab biospheres in the compartment before your skimmer.. works well for me with weekly wc, nirates have been 0 for the past 1 month or so for me..

As for the skimmer, i agree with you that you should get an overkill skimmer, I will also recommend a hang on back skimmer for your ios as that will free up alot of space in your ios for filtration media or a mini refugium etc etc

You can also consider having 1 pump instead of 2 as it will reduce the heat generated from 2 pumps.. If the space in your ios permits and the height of your tank is not too high, you can go for a ehiem compact 1000 pump to your chiller and your chiller outlet to your dt.. This will again free up some precious space in our nano ios

I feel that keeping things effective, simple & neat will let you enjoy the hobby much more :cheers:

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

Thanks bro sani boyan and dingding!! Now i have an idea on what to do.

Bro dingding, yea i actually read i think in one of the threads about polyb biospheres but FNM dont seem to have it can pm.me the price and location where to get it ?

I am actually thinking of saving up for a redsea prism hof skimmer but is tunze9004 a better choice ?

So this is the plan,

1st compartment - filter wool, carbon, rowaphos, polyb biosphere, filter wool

2nd - skimmer

3rd- ehien compact 1000

Thabks for the advices bros