Fish suddenly have difficulty breathing o.o

ytpmzy

• SRC Member

you should get a proper test kit.

check your ph?

I would wish to but I can't afford it now haha...

7.4 o.o ... Ehhhhh I dont have any pH buffer ...

p.s went to check dkh ... 5 . can i add baking soda?

• SRC Member

I would wish to but I can't afford it now haha...

7.4 o.o ... Ehhhhh I dont have any pH buffer ...

p.s went to check dkh ... 5 . can i add baking soda?

7.4 for PH is super super low... somethings is wrong... do large WC to re-balance the water asap...

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

How u know the fish is having difficulty breathing? Are they at the top of water trying to jump out or breath from the air above?

Yea, half the population of the tank is doing that =.= now they in buckets haha much better .... give me more breathing room to slowly see what's wrong.

Done my water changes pH back to the usual 7.8.

Check nitrate this morning 160ppm (api test kit) lucky nothing in the d.t by then..

Clean out all the dead worms -_- all half eaten ... I guess that's where the nitrates are coming from.

• SRC Member

Any idea why or how the worms died? You don't dip your corals? I find it safer to remove anything that isn't consider a pet.

Got bitten into half haha ...

Yea I remove what I can see and feed it to the other tank haha :thumbsup: ...

Some hides in the rock and I have sponges attached to it, don't wish to dip it in fresh water. :blush:

Got bitten into half haha ...

Yea I remove what I can see and feed it to the other tank haha ...

Some hides in the rock and I have sponges attached to it, don't wish to dip it in fresh water. :blush:

I meant use coral dips. Not fresh water dip them la. Other tank.. must be the big boys tank.

• SRC Member

I meant use coral dips. Not fresh water dip them la. Other tank.. must be the big boys tank.

No money buy coral dip now =.= hehehe....

Btw to update on the water perimeter ...

nitrate 0ppm, did water change and got bio fuel haha ... :thumbsup:

If this goes on, I will slowly migrate the fishes over back to the display tank. :yahoo:

• SRC Member

If you don't remove those dead worms, I think your nitrate will go up again very soon. Do you use skimmer and live rock? Did you cycle your tank b4 introducing life stock?

Up coming project:

5' x 2.5' x 2.5' Mix Reef Tank

• SRC Member

IMHO, you should invest on equipments and test kits to get all parameters correct first b4 you introduce your first life stock.

Up coming project:

5' x 2.5' x 2.5' Mix Reef Tank

• SRC Member

Yea, half the population of the tank is doing that =.= now they in buckets haha much better .... give me more breathing room to slowly see what's wrong.

Done my water changes pH back to the usual 7.8.

Check nitrate this morning 160ppm (api test kit) lucky nothing in the d.t by then..

Clean out all the dead worms -_- all half eaten ... I guess that's where the nitrates are coming from.

wah bro your nitrate so high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

If you don't remove those dead worms, I think your nitrate will go up again very soon. Do you use skimmer and live rock? Did you cycle your tank b4 introducing life stock?

I removed all the dead worms haha ...

I have a skimmer and I did cycle the tank before adding any fishes ... about 1 month cycling with bacteria dosing (daily, for that month)

wah bro your nitrate so high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha ikr , lucky drop to 0ppm le ... Last for the whole day ... Will slowly add the livestocks back when it hits the 7th day.