Sun coral

• SRC Member

Cannot wake up midnight to feed cos morning have to work. Latest feeding time around 9pm. Feed once or twice with on fixed timing

so did u sms ur sun coral to ask it to open up at 9pm for feeding ah...

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

Maybe it mobile is not waterproof at all☺️☺️☺️

I should have ask the keeper to feed in front of me ....

99% of sun coral wont open in LFS one. By the time they settle down they are already in someone else tank...

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

bro, once you see the white skeleton in sun coral, it has starved way too long. Since these few days are PH, wake up in the middle of the night and see whether the sun coral is open or not. if it is, then feed it daily till it recover and show some meat.

FYI, this is how my sun looks like at 3am.

post-5037-0-44728300-1424272285_thumb.jp

@Sept 2014

bro, once you see the white skeleton in sun coral, it has starved way too long. Since these few days are PH, wake up in the middle of the night and see whether the sun coral is open or not. if it is, then feed it daily till it recover and show some meat.

FYI, this is how my sun looks like at 3am.

attachicon.gif20141221_040515.jpg

Ok, just shifted it to another small tank which is on it own now, will blast my sun with all forms of food in rotation.

Actually ,I do woke up occasionally to check for opening but seem to be hibernate..

Appreciate your reply , Happy CNY and I will update if there is significant progress. Huat arh..

• SRC Member

Ok, just shifted it to another small tank which is on it own now, will blast my sun with all forms of food in rotation.

Actually ,I do woke up occasionally to check for opening but seem to be hibernate..

Appreciate your reply , Happy CNY and I will update if there is significant progress. Huat arh..

no problem bro, huat ah together~

@Sept 2014

Your sun is still alive. When the heads start to die the meat will just dissolve leaving the white skeleton. Leave it in a peaceful area near medium flow. Then feed your fish n corals with tasty food like roids, Henry, etc. Give it a few days to open, it can last for weeks without opening up. But once it start to open, faster target feed and they still get bigger.

Your sun is still alive. When the heads start to die the meat will just dissolve leaving the white skeleton. Leave it in a peaceful area near medium flow. Then feed your fish n corals with tasty food like roids, Henry, etc. Give it a few days to open, it can last for weeks without opening up. But once it start to open, faster target feed and they still get bigger.

I have transfer it to my main tank yesterday. Started to see bits of white skeleton. I still bear some hope for it to maintain and grow back eventually. Feeding will be cyclopeeze, brine shrimp and mysis as per normal. Do have the intention to glue it under a live rock and I am still considering to do that...

Change in parameters can cause heads to die off. Mine initially stayed close for weeks but still grow new heads.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-02-25-10-13-55.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-02-25-10-13-25.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-02-25-10-13-49.png

I love your sun corals, still maintain water parameter to the best I can, really hope at least few polyps to pull through and can survive . I have to be really patient about it