diving in singapore, recommendations?

siglap

• SRC Member

i got a very good dive site, conditions calm, vis good and it is very near...the place is....

Outram swimming pool :P

But seriously, why do u want to dive singapore waters when malaysia monsoon is over???

anyway not many operators r gong to spore waters nw. but u can try Marsden Bros Dive Centre

but i heard they r expensive as they deal with ang moh....

• SRC Member
my reccomendations is... don't go....

like the rest said, viz is bad, current can be bad, all in all makes for a miserable experience not to mention unsafe. might as well save the money and go for a one day dive trip to sibu or something.

if go sibu might as well save a bit more go aur or tioman....

Anyway :off: a bit

how come nowadays, aur cost the same as tioman and i can sometimes find tioman trips cheaper than aur..... :angel:

• SRC Member

Some food for thought....

If you can dive comfortably in Sg water conditions it will undoubtably make you more confident in other waters where conditions are very likely to be much better.

When you have low vis, you are (or should be) more aware of your personal stuff like gear, and positioning...etc

SG dive areas are usually quite sheltered although the channels we have are susceptable to currents. Which is not very strong, but again, it builds up diver confidence in their ability to cope.

• SRC Member
Some food for thought....

If you can dive comfortably in Sg water conditions it will undoubtably make you more confident in other waters where conditions are very likely to be much better.

When you have low vis, you are (or should be) more aware of your personal stuff like gear, and positioning...etc

SG dive areas are usually quite sheltered although the channels we have are susceptable to currents. Which is not very strong, but again, it builds up diver confidence in their ability to cope.

allow u to practice your "lose Buddy" procedure often :lol: and hovering skills.. coz u cant see the bottom until very near.. usually filled with urchins... :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.