ick

Welly

• SRC Supporter

Yes you could if this is the last solution and you can't catch the fish out for treatment. However all invert like shrimp, snail and worm will also die in the tank which might create a sudden amonia spike so do prepare to dose some bacteria to improve the biological filter when it start.

• SRC Member

I convert from 5ft fowlr(coppered) to reef tank using the same rocks. Never had a Sps died on me (finger crossed). Also barely have algae issue at all. But I changed 250l of saltwater every week for months and use polyfilter to clear the copper before going to reef. Maybe I'm lucky for my case. You decide for yourself :)

• SRC Supporter

I convert from 5ft fowlr(coppered) to reef tank using the same rocks. Never had a Sps died on me (finger crossed). Also barely have algae issue at all. But I changed 250l of saltwater every week for months and use polyfilter to clear the copper before going to reef. Maybe I'm lucky for my case. You decide for yourself :)

It depend also the brand of the copper used as well. So far I think seacherm copper is one of the easiest to remove

• SRC Supporter

How long will the copper usually be in the tank ?

Usually within a week after using the correct dosage, the white spot will be gone. However, it doesn't mean all the ich will be killed as some might be still in the fish grill. The copper level will then start to get diluted over time in the tank, but it is recommended to maintain the level for at least 3 week to completely wipe out all the ich.

• SRC Member

It depend also the brand of the copper used as well. So far I think seacherm copper is one of the easiest to remove

Yup u r right. I use seacheam Cupramine. Recommended by some friends.

I don't think this is luck. By doing the proper step before conversion. It is prossible to have a nice reef tank. I also didn't change my media and rock yet able to convert without no issue.

Just want to share to ease the misconcept of copper usage in marine tank.

• SRC Member

I don't think this is luck. By doing the proper step before conversion. It is prossible to have a nice reef tank. I also didn't change my media and rock yet able to convert without no issue.

Just want to share to ease the misconcept of copper usage in marine tank.

I guess its tested and proven haha. One good thing I notice is no algae on rocks. Hmmm maybe its the copper?

I guess its tested and proven haha. One good thing I notice is no algae on rocks. Hmmm maybe its the copper?

I do have algae. probably lighting, feeding and my NO3 was quite high during my conversion period. Took about more than 6 months than coraline algae overlapped the green algae.

• SRC Member

My fish dont seem to be eating for the pass 3 days after i dose the whole tank copper.

What should I do ?

Pls help

Go test ur water for copper level..salifert test kit is highly recommended..apart from not eating, does they show weird behavior like inactive, etc?

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos