Anyone uses Hydra 20/30/50 internal filter?

• SRC Member

Used hydra stream before. Was told by sales guy it remove ammonia before it has a chance to break down to nitrate. If used continuously will cause all coralline algae to die off because no nutrient so they advise to use only on alternate days. I let it run for 24 x 7 for months and nitrate never gone down...ha ha ha

• 2 weeks later...

Amonia is the first stage of cycling and nitrate is the last so I think it is totally different. Nitrate can only be exported by plant ect..

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

I dunno is it right anot.. but to my understanding it only break down ammonia before it turn to nitrate. so if ur tank is a mature tank, hydra will convert ur ammonia but ur existing nitrate will still be there unless u export it with wc, plant or run on zeovit ba.. unless it a new tank with zero nitrate, then the ammonia nv have a chance to turn nitrate and ur nitrate will always stay at zero..

Not much information on the Internet as this is still a relatively new product. But in the arofanatic forum quite a number of aro keeper are using it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
I dunno is it right anot.. but to my understanding it only break down ammonia before it turn to nitrate. so if ur tank is a mature tank, hydra will convert ur ammonia but ur existing nitrate will still be there unless u export it with wc, plant or run on zeovit ba.. unless it a new tank with zero nitrate, then the ammonia nv have a chance to turn nitrate and ur nitrate will always stay at zero..

Interesting. ...why didn't I thought of that. ? Lesson learned..don't anyhow throw away things too fast when it's not working

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
Interesting. ...why didn't I thought of that. ? Lesson learned..don't anyhow throw away things too fast when it's not working

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Im not sure ifmy theroy right.. Coz i know ppl advice to go skimmerless if ur tank is newly setup. But mature still run both equipments. So i digest from here..

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk