Recommended Wavemaker

• SRC Member
Can try Maxijets, one of the best powerheads. Just place 2 on the opposite corner of the tank and blow against each other to create random current. Should be enough flow cos ur tank is only 2 ft

hmm another brand of powerhead???

any website to tell more abt this powerhead???

• Sponsor

For your tank size, use the SCWD to divert your returns in two directions or if you can afford it, get the Wave2K. Now they have a smaller one specially for small aquarias. I don't have the link to the SCWD but here's the link to the Wave2K.

IMO, the Wave2K has the most realistic wave motions. Bought one from Henry at Marine Life and I'm getting another for my 5 footer which I'm setting up. :)

• SRC Member

hmm what is the price range for the wave2k??? and which LFS has it beside Marine Life??? is there a wavemaker that really circulate round the tank... even in dead water areas to provide a good wave current in the tank...

• SRC Member

get down from cloud9 my friend. <_< did you click on the link to wave2k before asking for the price range ? :erm: personally, if someone make the effort to direct me to some more info, i would have read it first, at least the basic information, in this case, the pricing. :rolleyes:

you have a relatively small 2 feet cube. do you want to spend some US$200 for a wavemaker ? :lol:

i have a 3 x 2 x 1.5 main tank and am using an eden wavemaker costing about Sing$40

if i were you, make a decision and get on with it.

sorry if i sound harse, :D just my humble opinion. :)

• SRC Member

yeah, these wave2k folks are in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

Their prices are in USDollar.

IMHO, i would suggest you go with the Eden 228 which i am also using.

best wishes friend. ;)

IMO, may i suggest using the SCWD with locline. since tunze is too strong for ur tank. i oso possess a eden 228. but it needs regular maintenance. it gets clogged up with algae after a while and does not rotate very well in the aftermath. :) juz my 2 cents.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Actually you only have a 2 ft tank, you don't need a wavemaker, because of the size of the tank, you cannot keep too many fishes/corals, if i were you I just buy 2 powerheads and have them facing each other for random current. That should be good enough.

• SRC Member
Actually you only have a 2 ft tank, you don't need a wavemaker, because of the size of the tank, you cannot keep too many fishes/corals, if i were you I just buy 2 powerheads and have them facing each other for random current. That should be good enough.

yup agree, i also 2 feet talk, than i only use a powerhead with 1000l/h.

if u want to get a wave maker , get SCWD, it is not as expansive as wave2k. ;)

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

well i think i will go with eden 228.... plus one more powerhead

but not facing each other... maintainance of the eden 228 shouldnt be a problem...

well placement of the eden... hmmm think put in front of the tank...

so that more current can be created in front of the rockwork... what u guys think??

well i think i will go with eden 228.... plus one more powerhead

but not facing each other... maintainance of the eden 228 shouldnt be a problem...

well placement of the eden... hmmm think put in front of the tank...

so that more current can be created in front of the rockwork... what u guys think??

Hi,

eAquaNature, has another wavemaker brand from

ZooMed "Power Sweep 226" price $60 and for 228

cost $75. U may find more from edmund. Why not

log on to eAquaNature website to get more info.

• SRC Member

the pic looks like eden too, is it from the same company ? :look: the same right ? :erm:

SBS_Transit