Polymer as a filter membrane.

Harry H

• SRC Member

I have been reefing for 2 years and recently started a Nuvo 10g tank again. My previous tank is a Fluval 46l but the small access is too restrictive. Have been searching for the laziest and easiest water maintenance method. And finally found it. It is Polymer. It looks almost like the normal filter wool but it is a polymer instead. I found out accidentally. I went to a LFS and struck up the usual "why your tanks are always so perfect?" conversation. And the owners told me it is polymer. I tried it and OMGosh the water became crystal clear and the inhabitants love it. This is not a viral marketing post. Just google Polymer Bio Marine and you can read about it. I am sure there are a hundred ways to have good water quality but this is the lazy man way.

And for newly cycled tank, I think it is a wonderful technology. Just my 2 cents opinion.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

I have been reefing for 2 years and recently started a Nuvo 10g tank again. My previous tank is a Fluval 46l but the small access is too restrictive. Have been searching for the laziest and easiest water maintenance method. And finally found it. It is Polymer. It looks almost like the normal filter wool but it is a polymer instead. I found out accidentally. I went to a LFS and struck up the usual "why your tanks are always so perfect?" conversation. And the owners told me it is polymer. I tried it and OMGosh the water became crystal clear and the inhabitants love it. This is not a viral marketing post. Just google Polymer Bio Marine and you can read about it. I am sure there are a hundred ways to have good water quality but this is the lazy man way.

And for newly cycled tank, I think it is a wonderful technology. Just my 2 cents opinion.

Which LFS? I also want to see its tank.

• SRC Member

It's just my personal thought and theory, I don't like to use activated carbon unless I know it is absolutely phosphate free. My preference is to use Purigen.
Poly filter claimed it filter heavy metals and nutrients, but carbon/Purigen absorbs toxin, so I will still use them.

• SRC Member
It's just my personal thought and theory, I don't like to use activated carbon unless I know it is absolutely phosphate free. My preference is to use Purigen.
Poly filter claimed it filter heavy metals and nutrients, but carbon/Purigen absorbs toxin, so I will still use them.

Doing some reading tonight for polyfilter, activated carbon and purigen. Seems debate is always on purigen or carbon better . There is no conclusion which better but purigen seems more economical as it can be recharge easily. I will give purigen a trial once my carbon stock gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Doing some reading tonight for polyfilter, activated carbon and purigen. Seems debate is always on purigen or carbon better . There is no conclusion which better but purigen seems more economical as it can be recharge easily. I will give purigen a trial once my carbon stock gone.

• SRC Member

Doing some reading tonight for polyfilter, activated carbon and purigen. Seems debate is always on purigen or carbon better . There is no conclusion which better but purigen seems more economical as it can be recharge easily. I will give purigen a trial once i finish my carbon stock.

• Like 1

• SRC Member
For those wish to read about poky filter here's the link http://saltwateraquariumhobby.com/aquarium-filtration/poly-filter/

I am using this product and serve me well. You can also give a try and see if it works for you.

Yup reading this post before and thats make me want yo get poly filter. This link also provide a lot info for new ppl like me

• SRC Member

By the way if you use Purigen, buy those already packed (not bottle) for your first purchase. See the effect first.
If you do buy those in bottle, it's important you get extremely Low mesh count filter bag, most don't work and you will see Purigen beads floating in your tank.... Or you try to buy The Bag from Seachem which is Super expensive but very effective to hold those tiny beads.

• Like 1