Jem 10G IM Nano

jem

• SRC Member

Removed the sicce voyager nano and installed the jebao rw4.

Lesson learnt! Too strong for my 10g. Sent sand flying everywhere in my tank.

Swapped out the 24v power supply with a 12v. Power downed by half. Seems manageable after all.

1477820536916.jpg

52dfe8854e4050e8641c5789ab50d3b4.jpg

• SRC Member

Insulating the supply and return hose is a good idea. Condensation on the hose is dependent on whether the hose temperature is below dew point. This will usually happen overnight when RH of outside air is near to saturation. The more important reason for insulation is to ensure maximum efficiency (i.e ensure no unnecessary heat gain from the surrounding air).

• Like 1

• SRC Member
Insulating the supply and return hose is a good idea. Condensation on the hose is dependent on whether the hose temperature is below dew point. This will usually happen overnight when RH of outside air is near to saturation. The more important reason for insulation is to ensure maximum efficiency (i.e ensure no unnecessary heat gain from the surrounding air).

Thks for the tips!

• SRC Member

Summary of my weekend.

Did a sight rescape to create more height and to accomadate my worrysome sebae anemone. Wife die die want the sebae anemone, though my tank is still new i wouldnt recommend for anyone keeping it, oh well, wife said its either buy the anemone or no more LFS visit for next week :mellow:

Picked up 2 colonies of zoa. Chiseled them apart as i dont need such a big colony, u can find my loose frag for swap/sale at the classified forum, hope i can trade for something nice :)

Bought a neat colony of xenia from a reefer, i think my tank is having too much flow from the Jebao RW4, considering 2 x RW2 for the next upgrade, will monitor my pulsing xenias to see if they shrivel. But they should be doing fine.

Did a 30% water change since start of the tank. Will be doing 10% every week diligently.

FTS as of 6/11

20161106_221425.jpg

Tank colors are still a little dull. Planning to add a bunch of hammers/octos/frogspawn at the right area to liven it up.

Bottom are reserved for zoas/yumas/gsp.

Might need to get rid of 1 colony of zoa each.

Thinking of purchasing the AI Prime as well to enhance the colors, this skyye light doesnt bring out the colors of the corals.