Want to try marine think 30cm cube tank.

^RaCe

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, ^RaCe said:

Hard to maintain or no space? Got difference you know? Hahaha. So far i find it ok. Everyweek only take me less than 15min to vaccum tank floor and water change.

If my fan is on, i cannot hear the skimmer. I tried turning off the fan, got to put my ear right next it to hear a soft humming sound. No microbubbles after 1 week of use. And incase you wanna see the skimate....
63a2206373c48eea631fd1fafe3756d1.jpg

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Thanks for the pic! Happy reefing...

Looks good..! I've also just started a nano (45*27*30, ADA-45P) running on the same BM QQ-1 skimmer and a Fluval C2. Sadly, my lights are nowhere near as impressive as your Maxspect Razor Nano.

I'm also interested to know how you are managing with the tank upkeep. And is the wavemaker/powerhead too strong? I was hoping to get by with just the mild flow from the Fluval C2 on my tank. To be fair, I wasn't intending on keeping corals (except maybe some zoas).

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Looks good..! I've also just started a nano (45*27*30, ADA-45P) running on the same BM QQ-1 skimmer and a Fluval C2. Sadly, my lights are nowhere near as impressive as your Maxspect Razor Nano.

I'm also interested to know how you are managing with the tank upkeep. And is the wavemaker/powerhead too strong? I was hoping to get by with just the mild flow from the Fluval C2 on my tank. To be fair, I wasn't intending on keeping corals (except maybe some zoas).

I got lucky with the maxspect nano. Saw it pop up in pasar malam and fast hand fast leg got it for less than 3 blue notes. But if you doing a fowlr tank, then light should not be of concern?

The c2 for your tank, flow might be too low? I have this 30x18x24cm tank running the c2 and find the flow just nice.

613632d0d4bd5931fe148e0970762d3a.jpg

The jebao sw-2 that i'm using on my cube should be ok for your tank since the flow is adjustable.

Upkeep wise not doing anything special. Just daily topup if DI water and 50% water change during the weekends.

Thanks for the reply! Awesome stuff. I've been wanting to get a Fluval HOB for it superior quality and I'm not disappointed. So far, it has been running well except for the slight noise (common impeller problem; solved by lubricating the impeller shaft). The C2 has been fairly okay for me and the flow seems to be quite moderate. Stronger on the surface (due to the slight lip on the output of the HOB) but I still see movement at the bottom. I'll monitor and see if it becomes an issue. I wasn't intending on keeping many high flow corals, so I thought it would suffice.

That Maxspect is such a steal!! I'm very jealous. Haha. Can you take a close-up of your DIY ATO..? I think I'm going to need something like that as well.

I'm only about 1 week into my cycling and the skimmer hasn't really "worked" yet. Do you have to adjust the height of the collection cup often? I find that sometimes mine will literally go bonkers and overflow back into the tank, whilst sometimes it doesn't even reach the top to even skim anything.

Thanks for the reply! Awesome stuff. I've been wanting to get a Fluval HOB for it superior quality and I'm not disappointed. So far, it has been running well except for the slight noise (common impeller problem; solved by lubricating the impeller shaft). The C2 has been fairly okay for me and the flow seems to be quite moderate. Stronger on the surface (due to the slight lip on the output of the HOB) but I still see movement at the bottom. I'll monitor and see if it becomes an issue. I wasn't intending on keeping many high flow corals, so I thought it would suffice.

That Maxspect is such a steal!! I'm very jealous. Haha. Can you take a close-up of your DIY ATO..? I think I'm going to need something like that as well.

I'm only about 1 week into my cycling and the skimmer hasn't really "worked" yet. Do you have to adjust the height of the collection cup often? I find that sometimes mine will literally go bonkers and overflow back into the tank, whilst sometimes it doesn't even reach the top to even skim anything.

Its not a diy ato. I bought it from aquarist chamber for $18, pokka bottle not included.
5f0f61ce28813d1cfe4c8b8b70249c76.jpg

The skimmer, i initially set the collection cup at the highest level. Initially the skimate were mostly clear. If you still fo not have fishes, there will be nothing to skim thus it will seem the skimmer is not working.

• SRC Member
9 hours ago, ^RaCe said:

The flow is slightly on the high side but still manageable. Still have dead spots due to the rock.

Bro, can share a video of ur tank with the wm running? I feel that at Sw2 Min 500lph flow most coral shd b cant make it in a small tank yea :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

Ok bro..nice zoas yea..u glued them to the rocks?
U can increase ur SW2 power to eliminate the dead spot yea..

Yah.....those that i think i wanna have on the rock i will glue.

Good to have 1 dead spot where everything collect there? Only need.ro vacuum that 1 spot. Hahaha

• SRC Member
1 minute ago, ^RaCe said:

Yah.....those that i think i wanna have on the rock i will glue.

Good to have 1 dead spot where everything collect there? Only need.ro vacuum that 1 spot. Hahaha

Idea la bro haha..

U no glue the frag wont drop given the current flow from ur SW2? Heez :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member
14 hours ago, ^RaCe said:

I got lucky with the maxspect nano. Saw it pop up in pasar malam and fast hand fast leg got it for less than 3 blue notes. But if you doing a fowlr tank, then light should not be of concern?

The c2 for your tank, flow might be too low? I have this 30x18x24cm tank running the c2 and find the flow just nice.

613632d0d4bd5931fe148e0970762d3a.jpg

The jebao sw-2 that i'm using on my cube should be ok for your tank since the flow is adjustable.

Upkeep wise not doing anything special. Just daily topup if DI water and 50% water change during the weekends.

Setting up another one ya. I bet soon you will boom Upgrade again :)

Would you like to rest the entire tank on the table? As it very stressful for the tank at that point where there no support.

Setting up another one ya. I bet soon you will boom Upgrade again
Would you like to rest the entire tank on the table? As it very stressful for the tank at that point where there no support.

I've actually told everyone that i'm fascinated with nanos and picos but most don't seem to get it. I actually came back to fish keeping because of the availability of so much miniature equipments!

The tank was actually fully rested on the cabinet but because of the ato bracket. Its hanging a bit out. But i wouldn't worry about a 10l tank.