Instant Recycling idea

Harry H

• SRC Member

Dear Reefers

One of the most "painful" experience in saltwater fish keeping is the cycling period. You bought the tank and you have to cycle for 4 weeks and wait for the ammonia to come down. I have tested several instant cycling products and even if it works, you put a single hardy fish or max two which is no different from fish cycling which is deemed cruel. I know the standard mantra.. this is about patience and it is good for the tank... etc etc.

But with ALL THE SCIENCE on this planet why cant we have instant gratification. So hear this crazy idea out. Maybe many have tried it and succeeded. If you have a canister filter that has been used for months with all the required bacteria inside, why cant you rent it out for instant recycling? If I run a fish store and I have 5 canisters that are constantly running and the customer approach me wishing to start a tank, I can rent the canister to him and there should be enough bacteria to run the tank immediately. And he uses live rocks and new sand or better still, sell him sand with bacteria. Is that possible? I know there are instances when you take the filter medium of matured tank and place it in yours to accelerate the bacteria build up but WHY NOT go for the whole canister? And the canister is transportable.

I am sure there are some obvious flaws in the process but as a thought experiment, I think it is workable. Think about it. Why wait 4 weeks lol :-)

WARNING: For new reefers, PLEASE DO NOT TRY THE ABOVE METHOD. The above is just speculation and I am hoping the senior reefers here can give this a thought.

Harry

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

Thohoyandou traditional healer “((+2779 **029 **3623)) whatsapp**GOGO NFULI**bring back lost lover spells**sangoma in Thohoyandou, Musina, Modimolle, Zebediela, Giyani, Mankweng, Senwabarwana, Dendron, Thohoyandou, Elim, Loius Trichardt, Botlokwa, Bela Be

2. 0

SANGOMA IN-(LIMPOPO)•.•((+277''90•29•3623))•.•Mama-Peace㏎)௹]Bring Back Lost Lover-Traditional healer-In-Polokwane, Mankweng,Seshego,Turfloop, Loius Trichardt Seshego, Lebowakgomo, Tzaneen, Mankweng, Mokopane, Lephalale, Burgersfort, Jane furse, Bochum, Ph

3. 0

SPIRITUAL HEALER ♥♥+27790293623♥♥SPELL CASTER, TRADITIONAL HEALER , LOST LOVE SPELLS, HEALING SPELLS, LUCK SPELLS, SANGOMA, PROTECTION SPELLS, FINANCE SPELLS, MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE SPELLS.call ♥+27790293623♥.MAMA GRACE ♥+27790293623♥is an expert healer, lo

4. 0

LOVE SPELL CASTER╬ )•.•((+277''90•29•3623))•.•╬GAY & spell/Death & Revenge Spells IN Uganda, South africa Nairobi, Naivasha, Taitaveta, Bungoma Riftvalley, garisa Wajir, Kisi, Nakuru, bungoma, Western Mombasa, Dodama, Mombasa, Kampala, Kawempe, Ji

5. 0

TRADITIONAL HEALER [+277-902-93623]] ╬ SANGOMA IN MODIMOLLE, ZEBEDIELA, SENWABARWANA, DENDRON, NABOOM , BOTOKWA, BRONKHORSTPRUIT, SOSHANGUVE, MAMELODI, MABOPANE, VOSLOORUS, MAFIKENG, WESTENBURG, NIRVANA, BENDOR, BUGERSFORT, SOUTH AFRICA