Nautilus Pompilius

• Sponsor

I doubt it. Not on the hobbyist level at least. Nautilus live in the deep ocean and are only caught when they swim to the shallows to feed at night. If you want to keep them, you need a very cold tank with low light level. In case any of you are interested, Nautilus is actually a Cephalopod like an octopus.

thanks for the replys. stumbled on a site just now. these beautiful fellas require a tank depth of at least 3 feet and temperature in the mid 60s F. guess i will have to pass on these beautiful fellas. for those who have the capabilities to rear 1, saw a shipment of about 10 of them just came in yesterday at Bio***an :) . Truly fascinating creatures.!!!

• SRC Member

here is a pic for u to enjoy.. me used to use it as my avatar..

post-8-1080800833.jpg

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
I doubt it. Not on the hobbyist level at least. Nautilus live in the deep ocean and are only caught when they swim to the shallows to feed at night. If you want to keep them, you need a very cold tank with low light level. In case any of you are interested, Nautilus is actually a Cephalopod like an octopus.

yup.. saw a documentary on them months ago on tv.. deep sea creature