Wtb peppermint shrimp

• SRC Member

Your tank have aiptasia? Peppermint shrimp is hard to get in Singapore. If you can't get your peppermint shrimp, you can try Red Sea Aiptasia X. Have to get rid them before they get out of control.

• SRC Member

Yes. Have aiptasia. Thinking of copperband but i have corals in my tank. Worst cAse i will take out he whole rock and bathe them in boiling hot water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

I think the best product is Red Sea Aiptasia X but then you must use it correctly to be effective. Copperband might eat coral also. 

Or I would suggest you remove the affected rock and treat it outside the tank, cycle with tap water for few days to kill the smell then put it under the sun for more than 7 days, then cycle with your tank's old changing water before putting back into your tank.

Probably you want to try reading more on how aiptasia spread, once they sense danger they release their planula (babies) into the water. Adult aiptasia are like stage 4 cancers.

• SRC Member
I think the best product is Red Sea Aiptasia X but then you must use it correctly to be effective. Copperband might eat coral also. 
Or I would suggest you remove the affected rock and treat it outside the tank, cycle with tap water for few days to kill the smell then put it under the sun for more than 7 days, then cycle with your tank's old changing water before putting back into your tank.
Probably you want to try reading more on how aiptasia spread, once they sense danger they release their planula (babies) into the water. Adult aiptasia are like stage 4 cancers.

Ok noted. Thanks for sharing bro. This is a real headache for reefers.

• SRC Member

coral farm still have quite a number of peppermint shrimp. It really work and effective. I have a new live rock that come with aiptasia. after introducing the peppermint shrimp, within a week, i cant spot any of the aiptasia. 

• Like 1

• SRC Member
coral farm still have quite a number of peppermint shrimp. It really work and effective. I have a new live rock that come with aiptasia. after introducing the peppermint shrimp, within a week, i cant spot any of the aiptasia. 

Coral farm have? Ok thanks bro will check it out. Ya man been reading alot on this natural means to remove aiptasia. And peppermint shrimp is up there.

• SRC Member

I heard that some peppermint shrimp after clearing all the aiptasia, migth start to operate on other coral if you don't feed them well. 

Any tissue of aiptasia left in the rock gap will grow into new aiptasias. The best way is still to recycle the rock, clear them forever if possible. 

• SRC Member
I heard that some peppermint shrimp after clearing all the aiptasia, migth start to operate on other coral if you don't feed them well. 
Any tissue of aiptasia left in the rock gap will grow into new aiptasias. The best way is still to recycle the rock, clear them forever if possible. 

Issit ok for me to take out the whole rock and dip it in boiling water?

• SRC Member

Sudden change in temperature don't know if will crack the rock. But you can give it a try if you are up to. After that you will still have to recycle the dead tissue, worms etc before putting it back to the tank.

Remember don't put pump or wave maker in boiling water, they will spoil. 

• SRC Member
Sudden change in temperature don't know if will crack the rock. But you can give it a try if you are up to. After that you will still have to recycle the dead tissue, worms etc before putting it back to the tank.
Remember don't put pump or wave maker in boiling water, they will spoil. 

Ok noted. Recycle meaning?

• SRC Member

Recycle mean clearing all the dead tissue in water for few day. Renew it as a new home for bacterias to grow.

Usually about 4 days, which mean the rock don't have dead smell any more. Need to change water a few time. And need to put pump to make the water move.

You can Google on recycling live rock. There are many different methods, but theory about the same.

• SRC Member
Recycle mean clearing all the dead tissue in water for few day. Renew it as a new home for bacterias to grow.
Usually about 4 days, which mean the rock don't have dead smell any more. Need to change water a few time. And need to put pump to make the water move.
You can Google on recycling live rock. There are many different methods, but theory about the same.

Thanks for all the info mann. Appreciate it. Hopefully i find some solace soon

• Like 1

• SRC Member
30 minutes ago, MinCamfa said:

Thanks for all the info mann. Appreciate it. Hopefully i find some solace soon emoji28.png

No problem, good to share experience with each other. I have aiptasia out break before. I can recognise them even when they are 1 mm dot. They are very persistent and hard to kill, tank only safe when you kill every single cell of them. Especially if you are keeping LPS.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...