Skimmer not foaming

• SRC Member

if you had already check that the recommended water level is correct, and the skimmer is already break-in, then i guess it is not foaming because there is nothing to foam - you have low bioload or no organic in the water. 

oversize skimmer sometimes will have idle time. 

• SRC Member

There is a level adjustment, is the number smallest/minimum? If not you can turn it smaller which close the valve smaller, will make the bubble level higher, adjust to your desired level. 

• SRC Member

You mean external or internal water level? External depend on the skimmer you using, will come with a instruction book. My using bubble c7 about 25cm. For internal, slightly above the neck will do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

25cm seem too high.. Keep it between 7" - 8" will be best.. Last time i also 25cm.. But skimmer keep idling.. Then i built a stand to keep it within 7.5".. Now everyday skim swee swee..

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

How new is ur tank? If ur skimmer unable to collect anything, u can try close the valve a bit, that will bring the bubble lv higher.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Too much waste water Today 2cm. Yesterday just changed water, so external water higher. I readjusting the value, open a bit. Dont want to waste too much tank water. 0.6 to 1 cm per day good enough.

• SRC Member

Wet skimming?

Up to u, I prefer about 0.6 cm per day. Can drain the waste from the pipe every few days. No need to clean the skimmer like mad.

• SRC Member

wet skimming good, too dry all the dirt stick there hard to clean.

As u can see it at the half throat area.. Its 50% dry and 50% wet.. Last time the skim mate is like green tea.. The nutrient export is not very effective..

• 1 month later...