Chiller discussion

nuj244

Need sone advise on below:

I just installed tk500(1/6hp) in my 2 feet cube and observed that chiller gets on (cooling) for an hour and off for 2 hours. Setpoint is 27.5c with fluctuation of 7c. I used aquabee 2000 to feed the chiller and the output to feed the skimmer.

I want to lengthen the off time of chiller. Do you think the following will have significant impact?

1. Turn off the chiller pump if chiller is off so the pump will not generate heat.

2 use lower flow, maybe 1200 l/h instead of 2000l/h to reduce heat generated by pump.

3 use return pump to feed chiller but it will reduce flow so may need higher flow fir pump which will increase wattage and heat generated.

Any other suggestion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought of that before for my 3 feet tank, but all three ways still let pump running when chiller not in use. 

How about separate control circuit to run pump and chiller when need to, for that need to modify the chiller circuitry when no more warranty. 

Need advice with one more the above way.