AL hydra

dnwolf

Hello bros and sis,

Im in the midst of planning a proper 5ft tank and came across many good reviews about AL hydra light sets. I Have a few questions maybe some of you can help me with:

-Is 3 hydra 56 HD sufficient to light up a 5ft SPS dominated tank?

-Are there repairing services in case Some of the LEDs burn out ? 

Thank you!!!

• SRC Member

A bit confused. Are u asking about AI 26 HD or 52 HD?

If it’s 52 HD X 3. Yes I think it should be ok. Of course it will depend on what corals ur keeping. 

If its 3 X 26. I think 4 will be better. 

9 hours ago, Jeebusai said:

A bit confused. Are u asking about AI 26 HD or 52 HD?

If it’s 52 HD X 3. Yes I think it should be ok. Of course it will depend on what corals ur keeping. 

If its 3 X 26. I think 4 will be better. 

Hello jeebusai bro , sorry its a typo i meant 52HD , im thinking of keeping higher demand SPS , do you think it is sufficient? And lastly do you know if there are any repairing services in Singapore incase one of the puck fails?

• SRC Member

So far Reef Depot service very good. I think shouldn’t have any issues. I’m a newbie bro. For high end sps have to ask the shifus here. 

Can’t really advise cos don’t know ur tank height. If it’s shallow sure no issue. It also boils down to what type of corals ur going to keep. Maybe can get 3 first, can always add another later. If ur getting more units, may be nicer to use the hanging kit or rail.

Can consider radions if Budget permits. U can add diffusers for radions, though the  light may be diffused, u will have less shadows. 

1 hour ago, dnwolf said:

Hello jeebusai bro , sorry its a typo i meant 52HD , im thinking of keeping higher demand SPS , do you think it is sufficient? And lastly do you know if there are any repairing services in Singapore incase one of the puck fails?

13 hours ago, Jeebusai said:

So far Reef Depot service very good. I think shouldn’t have any issues. I’m a newbie bro. For high end sps have to ask the shifus here. 

Can’t really advise cos don’t know ur tank height. If it’s shallow sure no issue. It also boils down to what type of corals ur going to keep. Maybe can get 3 first, can always add another later. If ur getting more units, may be nicer to use the hanging kit or rail.

Can consider radions if Budget permits. U can add diffusers for radions, though the  light may be diffused, u will have less shadows. 

Ahhhh okay  thanks for your input. Have you have brought your units to reef depot for servicing?

To be honest im trying to cut budget to give me more allowance to get other equipments, which is why im plannig on getting used hydras 52 and need to get some lobangs for servicing them incase one of them give way. 

• SRC Member
8 hours ago, dnwolf said:

Ahhhh okay  thanks for your input. Have you have brought your units to reef depot for servicing?

To be honest im trying to cut budget to give me more allowance to get other equipments, which is why im plannig on getting used hydras 52 and need to get some lobangs for servicing them incase one of them give way. 

I bought used too. Initially having a hard time trying to setup my iCloud account. Drove me nuts. One nice bro here told me to email them for help to reset my ID. Which they did even when I didn’t buy from them and they were used units. For servicing, I’m not so sure. Maybe you can check with other bros who have sent for servicing. They HDs are not that old. Maybe that’s why lol