Basic open water

dravan

• SRC Member

different dive operators have different package. Some offer e.g S$350 but u u have to rent this and that.

Ask for what is included inside the package.

IMO, u dun really have to buy the open water dive manual. During your training, u will be loaned a copy for your revision and self study.

Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) is good to have as u would need to learn how to use and monitor your pressure grp after each dive. Personally, i would recommend the WHEEL rather than RDP but WHEEL is more for repetitive dive planning. Some operators provide them, some dun. Depends on the package.

Dive Log Book should be and will be given to u.

As for which dive operators, most of us here dive with different dive operators. Each will proclaim that the one they dive with is good.. u just have to go with gut feel and try.

Another thing, dun stinge.. u pay peanuts, u get monkeys.. that is my philosophy... u want to enjoy the dives and mini holiday.. not worry abt this and that...

I dive with Blue Reef Scuba,

AT and some other ppl here are with Orpheus

The rest, i dun know.. hahaha..

To qualify, u need to be able to swim 200M (I think), trap water for abt 5-10 mins? Be healthy and do not have any health related issues such as breathing problems, heart problems etc...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

the course will include 1 classroom session in which they will go through the open water video and/or the course book. in which after that u have to take a written test(very easy 1)

then u will have 5 confined water session either split into 2 days or just 1.

After tat u will go to sea(tioman or whereever u choose) repeat the skills u learn at the confined water and do a bit more too.

after that u will geta wall cert and a temp card.

• SRC Member
after that u will geta wall cert and a temp card.

after that, welcome to the diver clubs.. the grp of loony ppl who wants to breathe underwater without gills. :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
i have this tendency of giving up my reef tank and just pursue my diving.... ;););) ....... after a taste of perhentian 2 weeks back, made me so addicted.

hehehe... donate all your corals to the sea lah...then go back and see them after 1 yr.. to see the difference.. hahaha... Go ahead, u have my support.. hahaha

• SRC Member
reefer guy,

you don't have to give up reefing just to pursue diving.... just manage it well. Diving is fun but can burn you up both mentally and financially if you don't manage it.

So strike a balance ;)

ahh.. another dive addict i see in Jon.. hahaha...

• SRC Member

HRC Bali? that is in kuta beach area... we are talking abt more exotic places like tulemben and mejangan... hehehe..

• SRC Member

u are welcome... i can sponsor u all to the places after hammerhd pass me his acct number... i sponsor, he pays..

NOW LETS THANK THE PAYMASTER BEHIND THE SCENES...

THANKS HAMMERHD... :lol::D:P

• SRC Member

i think it was selling at S$80.. available in richmond now... saw it at adex... under problue. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

ok.. till then... enjoy your OWC.. hehehe..

• SRC Member

Last but not least, always practise SAFE DIVING PRACTICES... regardless of which form of diving u are in... :lol:

Diving on its own have its own elements of risks but u can reduce it by watching the safety practices.

*Remember when diving was dangerous and ###### was safe* :yeah: