Journey of my 3Ft Flat cube......

JuzzMarine

yup..I keep looking at the stands...seems very dangerous....hope it will hope as they hollow within...

Not sure in the long run when hood or light set rest on it, sometimes a bit of your body weight as well when you lean over to do scaping...

kind of damgerous since you have invested so much for that gorgeous looking tank....

well bro...all the best...maybe we are just being paranoid...I guess your dad knows what he is doing ;)

Thanks pal :) ,

Not only you, me too when i first use it for the first time :look: really appreciate your concern :peace:

On second thought, how often reefers do upgrading :eyebrow: my previous 3ft tank lasted only 7 months and i tear it down for bigger tank. Maybe i will upgrade again in a few months time :P juzz kidding, but you never know......

Cheers

The $10 sump tank that you sold me has become a water reservior for my TUBBY :idea:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think your return pumps will create enough water flow in the main tank...

i'm using one extrema for my 3' by 2' by 2' tank and its really weak at that height(same as yours)...

i think the output is reduced to about 800L/H!

and with the bends in the pipes, it will create more resistance...

well...tunze? :P

Agreed!!!

Are you thinking of upgrading your return pump?

Tunze ??? Hmmm.... B)

• SRC Member

well...

i was looking at the quietone but don't know which model to get...

i just bought the quietone 3000 for my aquaC ev-120... its output is 2000L/h at 6ft head loss... extrema is 700L/h at 6ft head loss... and only costs 5 bucks more... :P

but i don't know if its just what it says on the box and nothing more than that...

tunze is way out of my budget... :lol:

• SRC Member

Thanks pal :) ,

Not only you, me too when i first use it for the first time :look: really appreciate your concern :peace:

On second thought, how often reefers do upgrading :eyebrow: my previous 3ft tank lasted only 7 months and i tear it down for bigger tank. Maybe i will upgrade again in a few months time :P juzz kidding, but you never know......

Cheers

The $10 sump tank that you sold me has become a water reservior for my TUBBY :idea:

The other factor on the strength is the thickness of the iron. Was it a 2mm or 3mm thickness.?

Also, how many center beam you have inside, bec 3x3 will be too wide an area to have surrounding support only.

:P

The other factor on the strength is the thickness of the iron. Was it a 2mm or 3mm thickness.?

Also, how many center beam you have inside, bec 3x3 will be too wide an area to have surrounding support only.

:P

Hi Nutx,

The thinkness of the rod is 3mm, I have 1 centre beam, as for the side, its make up of 2 rods(check my drain and return pipe picture on how it look like).

According to my father :erm: , the weight distribution is on the 4 leg itself, as for centre beam, distance between beam should not be more than 1.5' apart. That's his theory :nc: not sure about that ;)

2 days old 14K Hamilton 250W Mh bulb seems darker(From deepblue brother, it need 2 weeks to burn in to show full potential :D ), but it really colour up my coral, and also the shimmering effect of the light give a very natural look to the tank, but too bad the picture can't tell :(

post-34-1083509811.jpg

• SRC Member
Finally, hook up my viclite 250W MH box.

I use sliding track that is similar to the one use for hanging curtain, but its slightly more heavy duty.

As for the sliding hook, its mainly use for hanging picture frame type.

Your 3mm leg should be strong enough. Normal fishtank leg is using 2mm.

btw, you sure the light is not too heavy for the sliding hood? look scary. :unsure:

nice nice...now you know why i keep saying the photo shots do not show the actual lighting colour of the tank ;)

Your 3mm leg should be strong enough. Normal fishtank leg is using 2mm.

btw, you sure the light is not too heavy for the sliding hood? look scary. :unsure:

Have check with the guy who sold me the rack and hook. I told him I'm hanging a 15Kg object(actually lesser than that :lol: ), he guarantee no problem with the rack, as for the hook, each can withstand 13Kg load.

Have to be extra caution on this, no joke if it fall off into the tank :nuke:

• SRC Member

bro, ever considered isolating the ballast from the casing? it looks heavy n dangerous, thats what i did w my 3 viclite sets, removed the ballasts and isolated it in a place where it can get more ventilation... just my opinion...

btw, nice aquascape!!!! the way u hide the "eggcrate stand" is good....

:bow::bow::bow:

bro, ever considered isolating the ballast from the casing? it looks heavy n dangerous, thats what i did w my 3 viclite sets, removed the ballasts and isolated it in a place where it can get more ventilation... just my opinion...

btw, nice aquascape!!!! the way u hide the "eggcrate stand" is good....

:bow::bow::bow:

Thanks for the recommendation :idea: I will consider that :rolleyes: when I need to hang one more MH box :eyebrow:

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Have check with the guy who sold me the rack and hook. I told him I'm hanging a 15Kg object(actually lesser than that :lol: ), he guarantee no problem with the rack, as for the hook, each can withstand 13Kg load.

Have to be extra caution on this, no joke if it fall off into the tank :nuke:

Is the rack/track affixed to a false ceiling or solid concrete ceiling?

bro seems like you hav no space for an elegence :rolleyes::lol::lol: hmmm ur tank has great depth... nice scaping :peace:

Thanks pal, thinking of rescape the right side to give more room at the front. Maybe next month :P then I'll do that, this month added quite a few corals and fishes. Got to slow down for now.

Elegance.....probably will get it next month :D you selling yours :heh:

• SRC Member

Thanks pal, thinking of rescape the right side to give more room at the front. Maybe next month :P then I'll do that, this month added quite a few corals and fishes. Got to slow down for now.

Elegance.....probably will get it next month :D you selling yours :heh:

still in my tank :rolleyes: