Skimmer

tskyleth

Hi I recently jst bought a Macro ASF100 skimmer.

Currently I using a submerged pump to run it, its a 5000l/hr pump.

I had been skimming out clear greenish liquid instead of blackish liquid.

It had been running for 5 days already.

Question:

Is my pump wterflow rate to fast / pressure insufficient?

Mrjoe: Thanks for the link address. I guess I willl stick using the pump.

hi Achilles Tang:

You mention control the amt of air intake.

If i reduce the amt of air, will it increase the size of the bubble/ less bubble produce??? Pai Sai dont reallyu understand by

"adjusting airflow... you may be having too much 'wet foam' created, so the skimmate will be tea-coloured."

So we should aim for oolong tea instead of lipton tea? Mine has been dark tea coloured all these while..... this is about one week's "supply"... for a 2.5x2x2 tank.

:blink:

Uhh... that's a very very liquid skimmate. You will lose a lot of salt this way.

Try to go for drier skimmate.... and darker... like this:

post-7-1045532124.jpg

HI Achilles Tang

sometime I see that if i bring the reduce the air intake until its limit that i see that its not causeing smaller bubble to form.

current i had reduce the air intake, this time i see the funnel of the skimmer cover with dirts expect the collection cup. is this the correct way??

sometime I see that if i bring the reduce the air intake until its limit that i see that its not causeing smaller bubble to form.

There is a limit you can close, too little air going in and the venturi doesn't work efficiently.

current i had reduce the air intake, this time i see the funnel of the skimmer cover with dirts expect the collection cup. is this the correct way??

Pai Sai :paiseh:

what i mean is :

I had reduce the air intake, but this time there no output(tea/blackish substance).

the only visible thing is that the funnel of my skimmer is heavily coated with theblackish & brownish substance.

So am i right to say that to have a effective skimming effect .

the skimmer must produce blackish substance instead of clear lipton tea :lol: .

I order to attain that thick substance is to reduce the air intake into the skimmer. ;)

pai sai I a bit lost @ the moment cos my skimmer is really driving me nuts for the past few weeks already.

:cry2: