Reef club Dive trip??

hammerhd

• SRC Member

So many divers here yet no dive trip organise yet....

How abt a dive trip for all the divers here???

Option 1- near place=cheap= tioman/aur

Option 2- Far place=expensive=sipadan/maldives etc

So any1 interested???

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Tioman/Aur/Dayang?? what u want to see or do?? just blow bubbles together?? nothing to see leh..

Sipadan/Maldives... not much ppl can afford leh...

Try further north a bit lor...

If worst comes to push, Dayang or Aur lor.. Tioman is slightly more expensive than both of them...

If really desperate, can try Hantu!!!!.. hahahaha... i have yet to try diving in "sugarcane" vis water before... but 1 thing for sure, i wun bring my own gear.. not worth washing it.. scared got oil stains.. yucks... :angry:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

tioman under 300 ? u r kidding ? include timotel stay ? i m not gonna sleep on the slow boat for 4hrs.... <_<

anyway., philippines is a good one but i think for a start we should start with somewhere nearer to get to know ea other first before venture into somewhere further.... ;)

• SRC Member
If really desperate, can try Hantu!!!!.. hahahaha... i have yet to try diving in "sugarcane" vis water before... but 1 thing for sure, i wun bring my own gear.. not worth washing it.. scared got oil stains.. yucks... :angry:

It's not THAT bad...... :lol:

Not trying to be a wet blanket, but this kinda plannings are generally doomed to fail from the start due to lack of a definately time and place. By the time a date is finalised that is suitable to everyone, .......season over liao.

________________-

For the brave.... just organise a time and place.... set the price and stuff.... those wanna join... pay up or shut up.....

________________-

I unfortunately, will be unlikely to have any free time till late in the year. :cry:

• SRC Member

Si Guinness talk so much yet cannot join us :angry::P

Who interested 1st.BTW i at least next month then free hor.

Juz a queation what happened to all those new divers tat just got certificed????

They all like very quiet leh.

• SRC Member
kelvin, wanna try philippine waters? ;)

jon,

what is the price? accommodation staying with u?? hahaha... that will save a lot leh...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
of course got tiomotel stay lah.

Next day fastboat over.

The price i get is under $300.

Salang somemore :lol:

tempting.. but date?

• SRC Member

kelvin, will try to check out the best dive spots and price when i go back... but really interested in a certain place, donsol bay which is said to be a haven for whale sharks and mantas.... also, what's expensive is the air ticket goin there, but once there, everything else is cheap... wait til valuair gives promo ;)

• SRC Member

ok.. keep me inform... i dun need any gear.. i have everything already... :lol:

• SRC Member
Lets make it at june loh.

Give me a month to get my $$.

i calculate the tide 1st then confirm the date.

Also must confirm with my operater's side. ;)

ok keep us informed. I m going to do my AOW this month so that give some time for budgeting too haha....

• SRC Member
i still lack regs..... what dya recommend?

which BC u bought?

Apollo bio-filter ;) .. u very rich hor....for that price, i rather get poseidon by adding a bit more..

let me know.. i need to service my regs first before going.. or should i just trade in for Sherwood Maxiumus??? hmmm.... :lol:

• SRC Member
i bought the zeagle escape..... no need to service lah... just pass me then upgrade to a new set.....

seriously, any recommendatation from my first guru???

pass it to u??? ha.. u got to be kidding me.. if i were to hand it down, it would be to my fiancee.. hahaha...

hmmm zeagle escape.. back floating eh???

for regs... u need to know whether u want balance or non-balance, diaphram or piston...

Me using non-balance, diaphram... Using a Sherwood Brut.. it is simple and easy to maintain.. usually ppl use it for rental sets.. very hardy. OK.. i admit.. no budget.. hahaha. :lol:

just a note, for non-balance, once u reach low air, it is vey difficult to breathe, giving u an indication that u are low on air,

for balance, u get a steady stream of air throughout, regardless of the air supply.

Also, u need to know what is your budget.

We can recommend u to get the top range models but if u dun have the budget, it is useless..

Also, divers tends to be slightly bias and always promote their regs.. me is no exception. :lol:

One of my all time fav is: Scubapro MK25/S600 :P and Poseidon x-stream :P and Sherwood Maximus :P

For SP set, it is approximately going at 1.2k without gauge and octopus.

For poseidon x-stream, it is going for approximately 750 - 800+ just for the 2nd stage.. without hose and first stage. :erm: U probably need to get the DIN converter as well.

If budget constrain, say u want to spend ard $800 for the entire set,

U can consider getting Apex Tx50 (heard lots of reviews for it but personally, i have not used it.. heard that it is quite big and for long dives, u might get jaw fatigue coz it is slightly heavy) while for gauge, u consider getting 2 in 1 or 3 in 1...

Personally, although i have dive com, i still have a depth gauge, this is because you do not know when the dive will screw up and die on u during the dive.. u need to know your depth and do your safety stop. (compass planning to get either wrist mount or BC mount).

Alternatively, Sherwood is also a good brand to consider, like Oasis. Maximus will have the swivel which u like and that allows u to underslung the hose. However, it is just a gadget that i can do without. Of course, maximus have the knob which allows u to adjust your flow rate according to demands.

I have seen divers using bio-filter regs in one of my trips, very troublesome leh, to inject some liquid thing into the first stage to keep the air moist... also, i can do without.. additional cost for some comfort... it really depends on u and your budget.

For Octo, u dun have to get a good one.. a simple $100 one will do.. coz u hardly have to use it.. of course, other ppl might think otherwise... like me.. hehehe.. coz my octo can be used by me and i pass my primary reg to my buddy.

U can also cut down on 1 hose by using Air 2.

The options are endless, it starts with your budget and what u want... then perhaps u can upgrade along the way...

• SRC Member

As wat Kelvin said, depending on ur $$$

Or wat kind of 1st stage u want.

Diaphram or piston...

Piston reg are cheap, buttttt............... at depth u have to suck very hard for the air.

Diaphram better but have to see wat depth they rated to.

I have seen a diaphrm rated up to 40m only..

BTW wat kind of diving will u be doing in the future????

Nitrox or trimix or juz air?? u must consider wat u want to get or else u have to get another reg in the future..

Remember u pay peanuts u get monkeys.

This is a life supporting item underwater so get a better 1 :lol: