Tivoli's $2000 3ft tank upgrade

tivoli

Thanks Jervis,

Now the first pic of my sorry tank.

My mum actually begged me to do something about this obnoxious tank. My baby gril stopped looking at the tank cos there is nothing to see.

I think it was an abomination to look at. Again I told myself, either throw the tank away or take leave to redo the tank.

post-34-1184585796.jpg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my tank was covered with brown sponge and coralline algae. My girl and I can't see whats in my tank. The fishes can't see me.

I have not doze kalk/calcium water nor feed my fishes for 3 months while I play stock market every night.

so what I decided was to sell all my stocks and pour all my money into only 2 fundamental stocks that I intend to keep for years.

I took leave on a monday, send my wife and girl off.

Put on my gloves and roll up my sleeve and scrab the ###### off my tank walls and endure a back ache.

after I bend my back for 8 hours. I finally got my tank right.

This is how a reef tank should look like.

In terms of rock scaping, this is best I have done so far. In fac the algae infected rocks are good for keeping tangs, angels and wrasses.

post-34-1184586299.jpg

The LPS corals are all extremely healthy and colourful even when I DID NOT change water, DID NOT doze calcium, FEED NO FOOD for 3 MONTHS !!! or total neglect but of course I add water top up.

If there were SPS, it would have all RTN.

my beautiful anemone that survive ... This specimen is amazing. Lots of other rose bulb anemone lost their bulb shape after a while. This type are known for moving all over the place but mine is always bulb shaped, plus i stayed at the same place for more than a year without moving anywhere. Amazing. only thing is it had white freckles which I dont mind.

post-34-1184587065.jpg

Now that's what I call a 360º transformation... love your Hello Kitty :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

oK. This is my favourite spot.

It is a high arch made from a SPS coral forming a bridge.

It shows the brilliant green star polyp which is one of my favourite. i bought it at cheap from Olden octopus cos I picked it up from the sump.

post-34-1184587333.jpg

my beautiful anemone that survive ... This specimen is amazing. Lots of other rose bulb anemone lost their bulb shape after a while. This type are known for moving all over the place but mine is always bulb shaped, plus i stayed at the same place for more than a year without moving anywhere. Amazing. only thing is it had white freckles which I dont mind.

one of the most beautiful RBTA i'd seen. the bulb shape and the colouration clearly show that the RBTA is in good health.

And of course, reefer are the best cleaning crew(s), next to snail, crabs, shrimps... etc. really a metamorphosis after the 8hr back breaking experience. :lol:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
The LPS corals are all extremely healthy and colourful even when I DID NOT change water, DID NOT doze calcium, FEED NO FOOD for 3 MONTHS !!! or total neglect but of course I add water top up.

If there were SPS, it would have all RTN.

Great srubbing and done up to ur tank.. Now its like I get to see all my wonderful fishes and corals. Think its a mature tank, therefore, the corals and fishes are able to substain w/out feeding and paying attention to them :lol:

Ur rose bulb anemone are like :yeah: nice nice patterns and bulbs :D

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
This is amazing.

In the first posting of this thread, I mentioned that I disappeared for work for 3 months and came back.

Now if you look at the dates, I am exactly 1 year, **3 months** away from my last posting and I am back !!!!!!!.

For the past 1 year 3 months, I was dabbling around in stock market, taking care of my 2 years old baby and struggling with new job and now I am back.

I am back with a vengence ............

You must have made enough from the market to retire, bro... :idea:

:off::off:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• 1 month later...