ITCHY FISH, anyone got any anwser for a cure

• SRC Member

Hi guys need some help here, i have been doing weekly water changes, but some fish still got some itch and a little whitespot. anyone got any idea of any cure or medication to be place inside my main tank. i got corals inside my tank also.

• SRC Member

it's common for a new tank... ;)

if not too jialat, betta not add medications in case it deteriorate ur water parameters....

just give ur fish gd food e.g frozen food soak with garlic juice n do ur normal water changes.... given time it will recover...

in the meantime, dun add any more fishes so that there will not be cross infections esp. new ich that comes from the lfs.... n also add a cleaner shrimp n let nature do its job ;)

tahir...

fish with ich u mean..not itchy fish...

sorry i couldnt stop thinking the solution is to scratch the fish :P

jokes aside...u have limitations because of your reef tank....

either u net it out and try the many solutions suggested in here or the net...

or try some reef safe solutions..do a search on ich or whitespot u should churn out results :)

Something ich is caused from the fish being stress so avoid putting ur hand inside the tank often. I would agree that the best solution is putting the fish in another tank and start the medication but if cant the fish what i do last time is to soak ur fish food with garlic juice and hope for the best. And in my case the ich on my tang disappear. ;)

• SRC Member

ok its a ich, i been giving my fish frozen brine shrimp and always soak with garlic using garlic guard, sometimes when free then i will cut garlic into small pieces and soaked to the brine shrimp before feeding, but not all the fish got the ich or whitespot. i want try some other fish food, which is the best, i usually give the pellets and frozen brine shrimp and sometimes the live ones. anyone care to share with me, good food for the fishes.

• SRC Member
Hi guys need some help here, i have been doing weekly water changes, but some fish still got some itch and a little whitespot. anyone got any idea of any cure or medication to be place inside my main tank. i got corals inside my tank also.

This is wat works for me.......

Remove affected fishes or let the fishes die.........hehe

Do not put in any more fishes for 1 month, do a 30% water change, then add in fishes bit by bit.......so far no more ich or white spot on my fishes.

Eric

• SRC Member

Some of the forumers said that this sera cryptopur work great in marine aquariums with invertebrates. Cos it does not contain any copper ! It is also excellently suitable for combating gill flukes!

This is what it cliam " The new treatment developed by sera‘s research laboratory is free from copper and is excellently tolerated by invertebrates. Even delicate sea cucumbers, shrimps, starfish, snails and sea urchins do not show any reaction to sera cryptopur. Some corals will, however, close their polyps for a short time, but they open again after the treatment without any damage."