New 3x2x2 Tank Setup

Rocks

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

hi Riot,

There are about 14 holes (7 on each side) on the OF. my return is about 2500l/hr, after considering the height loss of 2 meters from the return pump (rated 5000l/hr) to the tank.

Is your OF the same height as your tank ?

sigh my cheapo luo han tank got 5 holes only.

Looks like I gotta go modify. I dont like the idea of overflowing the OF and fish might get sucked in.

• SRC Member
ah..u merge the two towers together huh...

looking good.. ;)

nice clean sandbed!

thanks. iewnehz,

yes, i have redo the branches... the initial layout was nice to look at, but not practical as i can not place many corals on to it... so make it more flat as i intend to pack corals around the branches...

what you are seeing it only 40% of what i intend to put in the tanks... so still have a long way to go... taking my own sweet time to do this. :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

sigh my cheapo luo han tank got 5 holes only.

Looks like I gotta go modify. I dont like the idea of overflowing the OF and fish might get sucked in.

If your OF's top is lower than the tank's than easy... just let the water fill all the way to the top of the OF and flow down in the OF lor ... if scare of fish kanna sucked in .. use those plastic netting or you can buy a cheap plastic basket (those got lots of holes one) and cut to shape then secure it at the top edage of your OF will do the trick.

I saw one of Iwarna's tank did the same way...

• SRC Member

thanks. iewnehz,

yes, i have redo the branches... the initial layout was nice to look at, but not practical as i can not place many corals on to it... so make it more flat as i intend to pack corals around the branches...

what you are seeing it only 40% of what i intend to put in the tanks... so still have a long way to go... taking my own sweet time to do this. :lol::lol:

yep!slow and steady..

when i initially saw your rockscape..jiu wonder how u gonna place your corals..haha

anyway..nice setup! :whistle

• 2 months later...
Arctica Titanium Chiller : Model DBA-150

getting the above chiller for my tank.. anyone has good/bad feedback on this chiller? would like to hear from you before investing...

Here are some specs from their website on this model

Model: DBA-150

HP: 1/5

Capacity: 2400 btu/hr

volts: 115

Amps: 5.0

Flow Rate: 8 GPM (min) / 22 GPM (max)

Tank size: up to 180 gallons

LiveRock :rolleyes:

Hi Rock,

Can pm me the price n order info please?

Thank you!!! :thanks:

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Giving up hobby, due to family commitment.