Abnormal behaviour

FT David

Hi,

I've had four Reidi with me for some time. however, these two days one of my male starts on a hunger strike, refusing all food even his favourite Brine shrimps. He leave the herds and wonder around in the tank alone. His colour turns from normal bright yellow to slight rust brown colour. He no longer hitch to his normal site, instead, he start to hitch on my filter stem alone. Slight aggression had been observed by a dominate female in the same tank. However, its not to the extreme.

Water parameter are all ok. No visible disease observed.

Please advise.

Hi,

Any abnormalities with the male reidi, eg slightly bloated body? Beside BS, any other food you feed like mysis? If sole diet is on brine shrimp, your reidi could be heading towards nutritions deficiency. Did you feed any fresh water grass shrimp? Feeding grass shrimp requires some process like breaking away the sharp blade on its forehead and the tail before feeding. I ever had reidi dying for no reason just after feeding live grass shrimp. Reason could be the sharp edges damaging the seahorse internal organs during feeding, resulting in hunger strike and death next.

Anemone,

Yeap. You're right.

I've been feeding them with BS, grass shrimps gut loaded, baby guppies, frozen BS and Mysis Shrimps, and live BW. Whatever I can get my hands on. Fortunately, he ate two med shrimps today. However, still seems listless. I think he PMS.

BTW, where can I can PE Mysid? Nearest to town area?

Thanks for all your help guys!!!