Recommended Fishes

• SRC Member

Hi! I have a 24 x 18 x 18 tank w a DSB of 4'.

I am setting up a FOWLR aquarium and would like to consider fishes suitable for my tank size. I am thinking of a dwarf angel (perhaps a bicolor or flame), would this be appropriate?

What other fishes would you recommend esp the colourful ones?

• SRC Member

Hi Seamonkee,

suggest you skip the angels you've mentioned for a start, as they are better off with a mature tank. Once your cycling is completed, you may want to try clownfishes or damsels as they are generally more hardy. Note that they should not be introduce all at one shot to the fish tank (let your tank accomodate to the bio load slowly) - should add one by one slowly at intervals of a week or two. :)

• SRC Member

I am setting up a FOWLR aquarium and would like to consider fishes suitable for my tank size. I am thinking of a dwarf angel (perhaps a bicolor or flame), would this be appropriate?

i will add hardy fish.. mostly damsel ard next week.. gng back to test water para. tonite.. almost 1 mth liao

A bi- colour angel is a rather delicate fish and IMO not suitable for your tank and flame angel to me is abit big for your tank since it is only a 2 footer...... Go for hardier ones IMO dottybacks or scooter blenny

• SRC Member

Ok... I will pass off the flames or any other angels...

Damsels or Dottybacks... Nay, they are too aggressive.

I am thinking of these few...

1) Clarkii, Ocellaris or Maroon

2) Firefish Goby

3) Royal Gramma (Damn hard to get.... most LFS dun have them... anyone seen any lately or anyone giving up theirs?)

4) Chromis...

5) Blennies...

Any other recommendations for reef fishes that are peaceful and suitable for my kind of tank?

Ok... I will pass off the flames or any other angels...

Damsels or Dottybacks... Nay, they are too aggressive.

I am thinking of these few...

1) Clarkii, Ocellaris or Maroon

2) Firefish Goby

3) Royal Gramma (Damn hard to get.... most LFS dun have them... anyone seen any lately or anyone giving up theirs?)

4) Chromis...

5) Blennies...

Any other recommendations for reef fishes that are peaceful and suitable for my kind of tank?

Eh dottybacks are not really aggressive just that their territorial behavior is seen by people as aggressive behavior........

• SRC Member

IMO. In my old tank, I used to have a diadem dottyback and it took a big bite off the fin of my clarkii clown... ferocious fellow...

Best of all, the diadem dottyback marked off a massive part of the live rocks as his territory!

Wah lao...