New Divers Made It Back

nleong

• SRC Member

Alright. We made it back in one piece.

We saw sea turtle, cuttlefish, batfish, clownfish, pipefish and those fishes that follow the sharks (What do you call them ?) etc.

Beautiful giant clams and SPS..... lucky our Al Frag Ya Fundamentalist not there.

An unknown angelfish too. Will post for ID.

post-12-1061355562.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a batfish for Pix #1, #2 looks like some kind of tuskfish or wrasse, third is a remora.

Anyway, pls let us know how was the dive? Enjoyed yourselves? I heard you had a japanese lady instructor? :D (Dodo's gonna take up diving soon! )

• SRC Member

Yeah the batfish is really curious, came very close to my face, can even see its teeth.

The instructor, a lady jap :P. told us that the fish thought we are turtle and is looknig for food. :P

Seeing the pipefish and sea turtle is more than enough for a beginner like me. :D

Think Yazid has the sea turtle picture.

I think I want to go back Tioman again for leisure dive.

Advance well, yes, will be taking that up soon.

Oh, not forgetting the sea urchin, lucky no one got prick.

Dodo,

maybe you can request for the japanese instructor if you are taking up :) Shes goes thru everything very patiently and easy to get along.

• SRC Member

I'm speechless... What a wonderful and fantastic underwater world!

I was impressed by the crew of Orpheus Dive... professional and friendly...

It started with Chester (the ever smiling guy)... we almost got a further 10% discount... :lol: . Takes time to go though the RDP again and again. Everyone did well in their final test. Chester did not start reef tank as it is an expensive hobby...(PS: And so is diving).

Then we met Lester the main instructor, his reef tank crash when he was in Phuket.. The guy who got stung by a lionfish at his erhmm...

Then we met Yuko, our diving instructor... yes she is Japanese. She is gentle yet firm. Patience is her virtue and taking time to make sure we did our underwater skills sucessfully. She can maintain neutral buoyancy in any direction, even head down. Her reeftank also crash a couple of times.

Then we met our Dive Master... Geoffrey... this guy is fantastic, friendly, cheerful, a joker yet serious when comes to diving safety. Always the last to come down and last to come up. He got many urban legend to tell us. The one I'm most fascinated about is not about the number of sunken ship at our dive site but how Liverpool could never win the league... :fear:

post-12-1061361026.jpg

• SRC Member
yazid?caught any red snapper :D kekeke...

wea is the Jap lady instructor's pic?

Red chicken - (Red Snapper) .. no trace of them as they know I am coming.. :rolleyes:

But I saw my favourite asam pedas fish... Parrot fish.. plenty of them..

Going fishing this Sunday (day boat fishing) on local water... you want to come along?

• SRC Member
waseh...managed to see turtle some more. :)

so far, I haven't seen any turtles on my dives..:(

nleong what cam were you using?

good to know you guys had fun! :)

We definitely had fun...

The whole resort could hear the guys giggling after midnight... when one of the guys while lying beside Nleong said.. "you can pull anytime you want it"...

Our instructor told us that one of the guys almost sit on top of 2 long spined sea urchin which was desperately trying to get out of the way. Luckily Sinn was around to pull him up.

But another diver from another dive shop, got prick on his leg... we almost wanted to apply the traditional method of curing (by slapping on the wounded area and peeing on it)....

We are using the $38 cheapo camera... given a strobe light I think it can take good photos...

The first 2 dives, I thought I was in Pulau Hantu... :(

• SRC Member

EH?! HAHAHAHAHA...

so you guys decided to go with the cheapo light I was using too?!

hahahaha...and that day nleong was complaining say my photos not nice...humph.

ya, I believe you're right about using the strobe light. Cos the pix actually didn't turn out TOO grainy (I know that's got to do with the film heehee) and the flash really really helped.

that's why...heh heh heh...I've decided to get myself the LC100..BWAHAHAHAHA...and I'm going to see how my pix turn out with the super duper powerful light. Oh and in case you guys are interested, I managed to find the supplier for the camera. And he's going to bring in a lens kit for me to reduce the cam distance to 16-32"...YAY...got light diffuser also.

nleong want to pull what? *grin*

I heard tioman seabed covered with urchins...*shudder*..quite scary actually. I know some guy's calf got pierced too while I was in perhentian.

• SRC Member
waseh...managed to see turtle some more. :)

Yuko our instructor told us about sea turtles..

Sea turtles takes enough air to last during a sleep. But when diver surprised the turtle during its sleep, the frightened turtle will dive into the deeper water and it will drown.

Sea turles can get pissed off too. Yuko told us that on one dive, some snorklers and divers are chasing after the sea turtle. The turtle tried to swam away but to no avail. And suddenly the turtle turn back and start chasing after her even though she was not the one who disturb the turtle. Luckily the turtle doesn't turn green...

• SRC Member

*sob*

I want to see turtles...*wail*

everytime we go down, geof always says, 'sure see turtle one, or money back guarantee...!'...but wa lau...never see one...*groan*

poor yuko...made to suffer...hahahaha...but at least she'll get to see the turtle up close and personal..

I heard a story about this poor turtle..some night divers shine light at him and startled him and he panicked and started swimming away..but not before bumping and crashing into some coral and breaking them...dunno whether want to laugh or cry...

• SRC Member
..but not before bumping and crashing into some coral and breaking them...dunno whether want to laugh or cry...

That's funny....I will laugh first and cry later when the turtle floats.

Anyway it reminds me of one of the guys who broke so many green acro during our maiden dive. At one time, he almost sits on it.

I'm one of the guilty ones.. should have bring epoxy and start putting them back..

• SRC Member

aw man...

but that happens lar...esp novice divers who can't get the buoyancy right...(not that I lau jiao diver lar, don't get me wrong)..:P

very heartpain hor, when you see broken coral...

I did my OW at hantu long long time back...got nothing there for me to destroy hahaha...so the two trips I went to malaysia, I a little bit more steady, so no coral casualties from me...heehee...

• SRC Member

yazid,

don't remind me of the giggling saga. Those guys just can't stop. my goodness...

Did you mention that we almost have a titanic replay ? :lol: but lucky we get away before geoff can find us hahahaa....

anyway, nice experience.

now, who wants to go back Tioman again ? I'm getting itchy. Before that need to go get the necessary gears... $$$ again ...another expensive hobby.

oh, can you pass me the negative ? I want to scan them and put them together into a CD for you if you want the pix from my camera ? Or can pass you the negative if you want to print them out.

Lona,

what Lc100? Lumix ? I'm looking at Olympus series, they comes with their own original housing.

As for pull what. What do u think ? ;)